Restoration Projects?

hop blip and a jump

John how the hell did you operate that back brake, was your ankle 'Double-Jointed'

Nice Suit and Tie ;)

Did you borrow that trophy for the photo???????

Right...

The brake pedal broke the day before, hit a rock and it forced the pedal upwards snapping off the little stopper, rode it for ages like that until a very nice man called Jock McComisky gave me his pedal having converted his 325 to a right hand shifter! I traded the bike in for the 199A and I have still got Jock's pedal to this day!

As for the trophy, no I won that, I think it's the Edinburgh Evening News Trophy, Edinburgh St George Club News Trial of 1977 but won it on my Model 80 just before changing to the "big yin" as Jock called the 325.

hairdo... That was by "His Hair" Edinburgh, it's as close as you will get to the GIzza5 replica locks I saw when you were riding an Armstrong CCM for the Brit Army! Mind you mine was natural, not a perm!

Big John

Edited by Big John

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...

hairdo... That was by "His Hair" Edinburgh, it's as close as you will get to the GIzza5 replica locks I saw when you were riding an Armstrong CCM for the Brit Army! Mind you mine was natural, not a perm!

Big John

Fair Point ;)

It always concerns me when he throws these old pics on here because I remember that dodgy hairdo on him, (my mother had a similar perm.........) more worrying he's probably still got the dodgy suit, flares and all ;)

He is going for that look this year in Park Ferme with Nevis Radio

What song could he sing on Nevis Radio........................I think anything from Lionel Ritchie ;):thumbup:

Nah... when I had that hairdo, the locals used to call me "Mungo Jerry" because I had side burns to go with it!!! So it's got to be:

"In the summer time when the weather is...."

Big John

Nah... when I had that hairdo, the locals used to call me "Mungo Jerry" because I had side burns to go with it!!! So it's got to be:

"In the summer time when the weather is...."

Big John

No way you could do that in May in the Fort unless you can write some catchy new Lyrics

Here is my latest Bultaco restoration project. A Sammy Miller framed 'kit campeon' model 49 Sherpa to give it its full title. Other than electronic ign most of the mods are contemporary to its early 1970s origin. As it has been trialed for all of its 38 years it was due a re-build so it can go on and do another 38+! It will get its second debut at the Club Bultaco Twinshock trial on Feb 23rd.

Personally and hoping not to be to controversial.... I think this Kit Campeon slimline Bultaco is the most beautiful of all trials bikes, but I may be prejudiced by having been dazzled by Sammy Miller rolling over all opposition circa 1970. You may think otherwise and I'm sure your will say so!

post-4121-1201191118.jpg

post-4121-1201190042.jpg

Absolutely fantastic bultaco49. I agree that Kit makes those bikes the most beautillull of all trials bikes (we calle Kit when the tank and seat are together).

You sould put something between the end of the rear mudguard and the swingarm to prevent mud and water and specially dust, as that gap can make the wheel to fill the inside part of the kit of it, exactly where the air bow is.

Aniway enjoy it next 23.