Bbc Sports Personality

subira

Get your backsides over to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/3318381.stm

They're asking for feedback so don't hold back!!!  :hat:

The BBC sports website didn't even report that Dougie had won this years world outdoor championship, nevermind that it was seven in a row.

The last trials report (from what I can see) was in Feb 03, and I would say the beeb have stopped reporting on trials.

They never reply, unlike earlier days, to feedback. They don't need to care as they are something like the 5th most accessed website worldwide, and rightly so - their sports & news website is really very good.

However, they are very selective about which sports they do report on - and it's mostly driven by the number of potential hits they'll get. They don't do much sailing news but come Americas Cup time (or other event likely to attract large number of hits) they suddenly start reporting on sailing again

They don't care about trials as a sport & aren't interested to find out - you're much better off expending your energies elsewhere IMO.

Trials is a minority sport within a minority interest area (motorbike sport) and I can't say that I think that will ever change - not unless someone can convert all these bicycle trials riders. Look at how many bikes Onza sells just to kids pratting around in the park...

Kevin

Edited by fz750

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Way Heyy! My letter made it on...

We have the same situation every year, complaints about who won it and who should have won it. Congratulations to Mr.Wilkinson for picking up the award and no doubt he deserves it for his work. But what about everyone else who puts the UK on the map each year, especially 12 times. Who am I talking about? Why its Dougie Lampkin, due to lack of coverage of our motorcycle trials sport many of you will not know of him. He has won the Outdoor championship 7 times and the Indoor Trials Championship 5 times. He was however awarded an MBE and for this we are proud of him, but would a mention or maybe a little coverage of our underestimated sport be too much to ask? I remember a while back the BBC did an advert, I believe the advert said 'Its your BBC, you tell us what you want' now where telling you...Its up to you to listen.

Matt, England

Thank's for drawing my attention to the comments I made Andy, I forgot that I had put them on and this is the first time that one of my comments has been displayed. I voted for Dougie 5 times through different email addresses, but it's probably only a drop in the ocean.

Merry Christmas from OZ

:madsanta: