Underhand Dealer Tactics

Andy

This is a new situation for me and for Trials Central and has been a difficult one to deal with which has left me with an extremely sour taste regarding my involvement with the sport.

Recently a UK-based dealer was discovered hiding in these forums under a false name pretending to be a satisfied customer and directing people to his own business. By pretending to be a third party he was falsifying recommendations which is in my opinion, fraudulent behaviour. However, it was dealt with and the dealer was banned from the forums.

I said I would not name the dealer involved and that was fine at the time as I thought a lesson had been learned. However, that dealer must think I'm a bit stupid as another hidden member from the same dealership has subsequently been found doing exactly the same thing - despite knowing and acknowledging to me personally that he was aware of the situation.

As the ultimate aim of Trials Central is to promote the the sport and the best interests of it and this dealer is going outwith the boundaries and blatantly lying, I have no choice except to name and shame...

The dealer in question is B&B Road & Trials.

This dealer has proven they will use underhand sales tactics using hidden names on the Trials Central Forums to direct unsuspecting users towards their own business and make fraudulent recommendations by pretending to be satisfied customers. They have not just done this with one person, but with two. Both staff members of this Dealer made their posts in the third party so as to mislead people into mis-believing they had no commercial interest. It's all documented if the accused fancies taking legal advice.

Both parties KNEW in advance that advertising on the Forums in any form was prohibited, yet both continued to do so thinking they were covert. They took advantage of the freedom of these forums for their own personal gain.

It's not my place to say what you do. Let's just say I'm extremely p****d off with the whole thing.

With immediate effect, any mention of this dealer is prohibited on Trials Central and filters have been put in place to prevent their publicity. It is not a dealer we feel we can recommend to our readers given their tactics.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a hard situation they put you in Andy,especially after their initial expulsion from TC.

Maybe they did not think you had the courage to expose their deceipt.

Well done !

Wish there were more people with the back bone to bring to task much of the wrong doings that are happening in our world....

On a personal Note I would like to state I have had no problems dealing with <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> and have and will continue to recommend them. I would like to also state that i do know of several people who are more than satisfied with the service that has been supplied. Hopefully this is a indiscretion and will be dealt with by Tony and those at <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>. As more than a few people know who I am and that I have no commercial connection with Tony and <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central. Please delete this post> they will know that I have only been a satisfied customer. I do look forward to having an Australian dealer I can chew up with no prior knowledge of their commercial operations in the future. :wacko:

Edited by Telecat

Hopefully this is a indiscretion and will be dealt with by Tony

I do look forward to having an Australian dealer I can chew up with no prior knowledge of their commercial operations in the future. :wacko:

How can Tony deal with it ...he is the slug that Andy caught out in the first place !

Looks like his bad habits have only been perpetuated by his staff members.

Prior knowledge of anyones commercial operations ....what a load of s%it ,

Don't try deflecting the seriousness of this just because Im not a Pom.

In my experience, dealers resorting to such tactics are usually on the brink of some sort of financial crisis, and they can disappear as quick as they have sprung up in the first place, usually leaving a lot of upset customers in their wake. Stick with professional set ups.

Purely on principal I am 100% behind Andy. The hours and hours of work done on this site by Andy for the benefit of others was knowingly disrespected. Even after warnings it continued.

They have always had the opportunity to do like the rest of the reputable dealers do on this site and that is support it with some paid for advertising but chose to ignore the site rules and abuse the forum and its members.

People need to know that when someone makes a recommendation it is from a genuine source.

Andy has acted impeccably throughout this debacle and acted to protect the sites integrity and I for one applaud him for doing so.

What Atom Ant said.

Integrity......adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

It's not something you can sell but in life these days everyone looks for an advantage, for the dealer to do it in this way is beneath contempt.

I think most folks on here would back the name and shame, I certainly do, nice one Andy.

Atomant,

Forgive me if you think I'm speaking out of turn but isn't advertising your bike for sale within the forums as part of your signature a little hypocritical? I was under the impression that this is what the Classified Ads was for?

In my experience, dealers resorting to such tactics are usually on the brink of some sort of financial crisis, and they can disappear as quick as they have sprung up in the first place, usually leaving a lot of upset customers in their wake. Stick with professional set ups.

I reckon your right. They sell other two wheeled forms of transport and if bike sales are anything like car sales in this country (very slow) then the dealer is in the s**t.

It takes a brave man to put his foot down and say NO - totally agree with you Andy.

AtomAnt, you'll know best about what Andy's been doing to control this stupid dealer, so say to him keep up the good work for me.

Andy does a great job for the Trials community (world wide) and I for one say "try and keep focused on what you do best and don't waist your time with time wasters idiots like this".

Now for the Dealer - you stupid prat!!!!

i,ve bought bikes and parts off tony for years and found him to be totaly honest and genuine i just hope some of you who have jumped on the get the dealer bandwagon need his help and knowledge at some time but knowing tony hes not so sad as to decline helping you :wacko:

i,ve bought bikes and parts off tony for years and found him to be totaly honest and genuine i just hope some of you who have jumped on the get the dealer bandwagon need his help and knowledge at some time but knowing tony hes not so sad as to decline helping you :wacko:

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick Knoxville. The only "Get the Dealer" bit going on here is the lack of Integrity and Honesty they have shown regarding Andy Grieg and this website. If they want to advertise on here be up front and honest about it the same way everyone else does, if not then they face the consequencies of that, especially after the warnings they have had. If some have had positive dealings with this company then great but you have to question their judgement regarding the way they want to be portrayed to their potential customers. Someone looking for something might not go to that dealer now, as individuals we have that choice.

Many years back I got shafted by a dealer, picked up an old Ossa with a knackered big end, needed everything and dealer promised to get them if I paid up front (as you have to), however over a 9 month period, I was blatantly lied to on an almost daily basis by this guy. Needless to say, the ossa ever ran again in my hands and apart from word of mouth the dealer's reputation was untarnished despite hearing many similar stories over the years since. Wish I'd had this avenue then, i'd have named and shamed as well.

Andy takes nothing from this site, jeez he's not even a trials rider but he has created a global community for trials riders. Everyone involved in this community needs to respect that, dealers included.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Tony puts an awful lot back into trials, in this area of the uk he is one of the only dealers who is genuinly interested in trials if you want something a bit trick for your bike you see tony he even provides sponsorship for Sheffield arena without dealers like him trials will go down hill and be a lot less interesting and i think if people are put off using him they will be missing out :wacko: