Brake Pedal Removal

neonsurge

I've never had to remove the brake pedal on any of my Rev3s. Now I do and I'm struggling for some reason. I've removed the spring, plunger rod and pivot bolt. Now it's loose but won't come out, forwards or backwards. I thought it was snagging on the footpeg hanger so I removed that but it hasn't helped. Now it looks like I ought to be able to get it out if I remove the plastic chain guard on the swingarm but that means breaking the chain and/or removing the front sprocket and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to do that(?)

What am I missing that's obvious? Feel free to use the words "dumbass" and "idjit" liberally in any reply. Many thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. Fortunately, I own a selection of BFHs and I'm fully qualified in their use (it's true, my missus made me a certificate and everything - it's written in blood).

The last thing I'm unclear about is the direction in which the controlled(!) force should be applied. I'm guessing forward/slightly downwards, right?

Remove the swing arm to get the brake pedal out? Nope, no matter what it takes in terms of enthusiastic BFH deployment there's no way I'm gonna allow some cappucino-crazed Italian engineer to make me remove the swingarm to get at the freakin' brake pedal. Ain't gonna happen. Now it's personal. Watch this space.