What's Wrong With 200s

scraggydog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a saying that sometimes less is more.

But sometimes less is not enough.

And sometimes more is too much.

Confused?

Life is about choices and variety is the spice of life.

If we all chose to ride the same bikes what a boring world it would be. Never being able to say "I wonder what that is like to ride" or "I wouldn't mind one of those next time"

Ya pays ya money ya takes ya pick.

And on most bikes the throttle works both ways.

And now to light the blue touch paper and stand back.....................the new breed of 250 four strokes probably deliver performance very similar to a 200 two stroke.

Discuss

And now to light the blue touch paper and stand back.....................the new breed of 250 four strokes probably deliver performance very similar to a 200 two stroke.

Discuss

I had a Gas Gas 200 Pro, rode a Montesa 4RT for three events, then back to the 200.

Even a cursory ride would show you that they couldn't be more dissimilar. Having said that, a huge part of that difference is 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke, not 200 vs 250.

The most obvious difference, for me, was picking through tricky rock piles. Starting and stopping on the 200 was easy. The 4RT was not happy about that, and preferred that I keep the gas on, rather than clutch-and-go. But, on rocky drops, I like to take a peek over the precipice before I go, and the 4RT didn't like to allow that.

So, no, I would not a agree that a 250 4-stroke is similar to a 200 2-stroke.

One of the locals here got a GG 125 Raga rep, just so he could put the 200 top on it! It is really sweet!

I always wished Sherco would produce a full 200 cc bike, the 2.5 in a de tuned and less aggressive mode was the best I have had yet. Still had the big torque too! And even the 2.5 is not popular here, shame!

<_<

Here in Aus. The Sherco importer does a 200 Kit for the 125...smart move I think. <_<

Best of balance.

Neo

The 200 is the perfect trials bike, and not just for the clubmen. <_<:crying:

The top youth riders in the UK are all riding well worked on 125 bikes, trick bits and hours and hours of trying various mods just to get somewhere near the standard profomance of a 200. ^_^

There are not more than a hundred riders in the UK that deed more power, they are simply over biked they just cant handle the extra power as they do not have the finesse to control it, just want to be a big boy. <_<

So do you reckon at 18st 7pounds riding the expert route, and the Novogars, and the Manx 2 day and the Lakes, I'd be better off on a 200?

You could say at that weight I shouldn't be there, but for now, I am <_<

How many experts are there across the country? 500 maybe, dunno??? Do you reckon 80% of them are struggling with the extra 50cc/70cc/90cc???

I know you like little bikes, but you're skinny as a rake like your lad <_<

Horses for courses, and unless it's a flat field I definitely need more grunt than the 200.

I've just done my first trial on a gasser 200 and it was ace, it was more than capable of pulling 18st of me around. Compared to my sherco 290 it was sooo much smoother on the power delivery, i'm well impressed with it <_<

Looks like you have already got the answer bikespace from proc.

At 14st 9lbs <_< I dont think thats as skinny as a rake, which one off my lads <_< do you meen,? big guy, sir friend, mate, pal, boss. Christ I thick I hit a nerve, watch this space, have I put my foot in my mouth, or have you got the wrong guy?.

But 18 plus stone you are a little bit of an outsider maybe you could do with a 250 for the extra lbs but even then, I do not know you or how good (or bad) a rider you are.

250+ are for heroes. :banana2:

Of the few 200's for sale, how many have 'mature rider' in the advert? It's there for a reason, which only comes with age and experience.

A 200 has that little bit more than a 125, but will still pull, rather than spin like a 250 if you're ham-fisted.

With the current crop of youth having so long on a 125, I'll be surprised if many of them don't opt for a 200 over a 250 once they're 18.

Very happy with my gasser 200, which in my inept hands, gives me a second chance, rather than launching me at the scenery.

But 18 plus stone you are a little bit of an outsider maybe you could do with a 250 for the extra lbs but even then, I do not know you or how good (or bad) a rider you are.

Oh, I can be pretty poor :dunce:

Maybe I should try one, but I reckon I'm gonna struggle to get someone to trust my lard ar5e on their beloved 200 :banana2: