Help----sheffield 'knowledge' Required

ham2

Hello TC people,

I need someone with ''Sheffield knowledge'' to help me out, any replies welcome:-

I am going to the Hallam FM Arena on Friday but need to park in the Meadowhall Centre car-park (wife and daughter mk11 going shopping/cinema).

Me and daughter mk1 will leave Arena at about mid-night ish? to meet up with car and family.

Questions-

1) Is there a specific car park at Meadowhall that will be open this late/long ?

2) What's the best way to get to said car park from the Arena at that time of night?

Cheers,

Wayne :thumbup:

best bet to park in the sainsburys part of meadowhall (which is to the left on the round about when heading into meadowhall) only really the multi story bit that closes, all the "out in the open " parking open all nite, think meadowhell closes at 10pm tho, (shops that is) best walking to the arena only take 10mins max, and you get to walk past mcdonalds & pizza hut!!! best way to walk is back uotp the round about (with the petrol station on it) turn right and just follow the road untill you get to pizza hut turn left into the "enterainment centre" where the cinema and all the food places are, by this time there will be a sea of people. hope it helps. and have a good un.

...you could use the Supertram- the terminus is Meadowhall, and there's a stop at "centertainment" (which is the Don Valley/Arena stop). Here is a website link, you can put journey planner in. I suppose it all depends if it's pis$ing down/snowing as to whether or not you want to walk it or not...

http://www.supertram.com/journeyplanner.html

I thought there would be more talk and hype about the new format and who's going.

Should be one heck of a show, even better than pervious years now they can run it to suit the spectator.

Not too sure how well the tickets sold as they have still been advertised up untill just before christmas and thought it is usally sold out well in advance, shame if there isn't a good turnout therefore not making it viable if they don't get a world championship round in future.

Any-one out there know if Andy and R2W are doing there almost live coverage as in recent years or not bothering as its not a world round as unfortunately I wont be there,couldn't talk the missus into going to Sheffield and the Scottish. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, due to a prior engagement, I will not be going. It will, as ever, be one hell of a night, the new format for the event looks very promising indeed.

It is a big pity that Bou and Dibs are not on the 4 bangers, that would have been the icing on the cake.

Oh dear, I appear to be getting withdrawl symptoms, I wonder if I can break my prior engagement?

Anyway, as ever, good luck to Doug, he will need to be riding to this best of his ability, what with Cabestany on top form at present

, Raga the current dominate force in the indoor WTC and Bou always capable of an upset. It should be a fantastic night.

Dabster, be a luvvy and text me the results. Cheers.

Me and a few of the mates are going, i look forward to this all year. Should be an awsome nights entertainment, i agree with Andy in that i will be better than normal, no one is under any pressure and several riders are moving teams after the event, so no one has anything to lose, there should be some real showmanship.. Heres to Dougie to win tho !!! Have fun chaps !!!