Scorpa Sy250-anygood?

jam

I'm really happy with my '05 model.

It's not the lightest trials bike, it certainly isn't the most powerful but it definately flatters my limited ability. The power delivery suits the type of going we have in the Midlands and compared to some trials bikes I have owned from new; it has been 100% reliable with very low maintenance.

If you do a lot of trick riding or intend to use it for the BIG stuff, it may not be the best bike but if you want it for local club trials then it is a good choice.

I hope this helps.

I have an 06 model and would definetly recommend them and agree with the above comments:

+ve's

1.) Rear suspension is excellent (no linkages and the rear wheel stays on the ground matter how big the bump or step)

2.) Little / no maintenance required

3.) Smooth power for clubman rider but can be used for expert riders (ignition can be advanced and flywheels can be replaced with lighter versions). P.S. I'm a crap expert rider but there are good expert riders in our club who rider scorpa's

4.) I thought they were the same weight as all other bikes (sherco, gas gas, etc) with a weight of 69.5Kg.

5.) If you live in the UK the parts/service from the importer (Nigel Birkett) is excellent.

-ve

1.) Carburretor is not easy to remove and clean. However I have only had to remove once as i got water in it and that was again my fault as the air filterwasn't completely dry when I put back in. :wall:

Hope this helps :bouncy:

i had an 03 for 2 years and only had one problem with back brake in all the time i owned it

just change gear oil regular and clean filter now and again give it a clean after trial put away and always fire up no problem next time i used it.

got beta now only beacause i fancied a change and scorpa is the only other make of bike i would have if i was getting a new one :bouncy:

My son and I both have Scorpas for the last couple of years, me an 'oldy' clubman rider and my son a 'tricks' rider of higher standard.

We both obviously ride them in a different manner but think they are great.

No problems, dead reliable and low maintainance.

Weight-wise I think they are similar to most models but feel small to ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have ridden an 05 250 S.Y for a season and love it. A excellent club bike with a smooth delivery, great bike for hills and mud.

I have had a few problems. The main fault is recently my middle box split. I am not a small chap ( all muscle..Honest..) and what appears to have happen is the bike compressed, the shock bared down on the box and drove the raised plinth with the casing number through the ally'. Excellent !!!

After talking to N.B this is a design fault and required an angle grinder, mastic and a repaired middle box. It all seems ok now .

The only other moan is the amount of effort required to remove the carb'. I seem to spend a lot of time lately in streams and smelly ponds and this frequently evolves a strip down and carb' clean. You have to remove a considerable amount of bits to get the thing off. My lounge is only tiny and this can make life difficult in small houses....

After ridding several types of bikes i must say the Scorpa has certainly been the best at Club level. I would recommend them every time. <_<

Edited by parrynorton

Get and sy250f fantastic bike, well built easy to maintain and great to ride plus most engine parts come from your local yamaha dealer only had a problem with the carby overflowing due to some crap in the fuel inlet valve heres mine ..

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/AJS...ub/P1010027.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/AJS...ub/P1010024.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/AJS...ub/P1010026.jpg

Get and sy250f fantastic bike, well built easy to maintain and great to ride plus most engine parts come from your local yamaha dealer only had a problem with the carby overflowing due to some crap in the fuel inlet valve heres mine ..

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/AJS...ub/P1010027.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/AJS...ub/P1010024.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/AJS...ub/P1010026.jpg

I used to have the 2003. I like the look of the new 4t and hopefully someone will buy one locally so i can feast at it. I've seen the 05 Sherco 4t being ridden good bike, but the guy did have problems starting it. YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE rates the new Scorpa 4t so from a none owners point of view the bike appears to be a winner.

Edited by spud

well ive had mine for 4 months or so ridden 3 trials and numerous practice day's and i can say that its a great bike to ride starts second kick from cold with full choke then first kick from then on when its warm.. most reviews are all taken from the post production model which had a few problems with throttle hesitation but that was all fixed, two other things that are good about the bike is the cartridge cotton air filter which never really gets dirty just needs blowing out occasionally and the spark plug sits in the center of the motor at the bottom of a tube and the ignition coil pushes down onto it with a two wire plug at the top pritty good set up i thought .

cheers

well ive had mine for 4 months or so ridden 3 trials and numerous practice day's and i can say that its a great bike to ride starts second kick from cold with full choke then first kick from then on when its warm.. most reviews are all taken from the post production model which had a few problems with throttle hesitation but that was all fixed, two other things that are good about the bike is the cartridge cotton air filter which never really gets dirty just needs blowing out occasionally and the spark plug sits in the center of the motor at the bottom of a tube and the ignition coil pushes down onto it with a two wire plug at the top pritty good set up i thought .

cheers

Man, that 4stroke looks the best of all the 4 bangers (even the new rev!) how many are out there I wonder? don't seem to hear that much about them........lovely looking machine <_<

cheers

Man, that 4stroke looks the best of all the 4 bangers (even the new rev!) how many are out there I wonder? don't seem to hear that much about them........lovely looking machine <_<

Most probably become a rare beast and sort after in a few years time. By then the newer model will be out but the first one is always best. Thought that of the sy the first silver and grey sy looks beatuiful

well there are around 12 - 14 in australia .. ive got the only one in western australia i have no idea about england and the US but id sure like to know .. i think its a real shame that they dont get a larger mention on here or anywhere .. its always beta this or montesa that