Which camera?

nigel dabster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a Fuji Finepix 4700 about 4 years ago.

If I could get a couple of shots down to size I'd post them as I reckon its not a bad piece of kit for the money - they are a lot less now than when I bought mine.

I agree that it is a little battery hungry, so I have three sets to get me through a 64Mb card at High Res. A car charger would be a worthwhile investment !

I think Hanna has 4 or 5 batteries now, and it seems like every time I see her at an event she is giving one to swap onto the charger for her.

As a side note, after I spent $30 each on them, my buddy at work say's heck, did you look on e-bay??? Yep, $10-15 each all day long, GGRRRRRR!!!!! But they do have some cool telephoto lenses! Worth checking e-bay, I do not know how that works / applies where you are though.

It really does take some neat pictures though.

Easiest way to save on batteries is not to have the LCD screen on permanently. That eats them. I have both my cameras set to do a 2 sedond preview of a shot after i've taken it. That's enough time for a quick glance to see whether I want to trash it or keep it.

From the research I've done, the cheap ones don't take very good action shots. The good ones seem to take special batteries and the cheap ones take a standard AA batteries. I need something affordable that won't have that stupid delay between the time you take the shot and the camera decides to take the shot.

From the research I've done, the cheap ones don't take very good action shots. The good ones seem to take special batteries and the cheap ones take a standard AA batteries. I need something affordable that won't have that stupid delay between the time you take the shot and the camera decides to take the shot.

There's a way round that with even the most basic digital cameras. Press the shutter button down half way and that locks the focus then, when ready to take the shot, press the button down fully.

By "special" batteries, I presume you're meaning lithium rechargables. Both mine take them and with the G2 I was able to get 200-250 shots with a single battery. For the 10D I bought an additional battery grip that takes two batteries so running low on power has never been an issue. I've used the old 'AA' type though and agree they're a nightmare on batteries.

What's wrong with that. You older people seem to forget that when you get old who will look after you lets see US. If you go to a old peoples home god willing you do because I'LL BE THERE TO LOOK AFTER YOU !!! NOT. Teenagers/ young people us this text talk when they type which is wrong. But we need to get tought just like you did in english. I'm in a general/credit english class ( REV`er sits right beside me) and i'm ok at english. The education system has fallen back big time since you were at school so this is to blame a bit.

Gavin

Edited by Wonder Boy