Trials Central New Contributor

Andy

I'm too pleased and excited by this to keep it a secret. :D

It started off as an innocent comment I made in the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE Topic suggesting that Mike Rapley would be more than welcome should he ever decide to write for Trials Central. I meant that, but never really expected anything to come of it.

Well, since then, things have kind of snowballed and after several dozen emails and a long phone conversation, I am absolutely delighted to announce that Mike has decided to make the move to the world of online Trials journalism and join Trials Central as a regular contributor with his own weekly column on the front page of the site and sponsored by one of the most respected names in UK Trials.

Many of you in the UK will know Mike either as an active rider and organiser of Trials or, more likely, through his Trials journalism in several well-known printed publications. You may not always agree with the words he writes, but few who have seen his work would deny they find his columns a compulsive read.

For those who don't know Mike, and in particular our overseas readers, I think you're in for a treat.

One thing I've always thought the site lacked was good editorial content giving opinion rather than just reporting facts. I've done it a few times mostly venting off about either Octagon Esedos or British Airways! and the stories go down well, but it's not something that comes naturally to me. I see having Mike on board as one of the most valuable additions to Trials Central ever.

He doesn't want to hang about so I think we'll see something up on the front page next Sunday - 4th February.

Welcome aboard Mike - delighted to have you as part of the numero uno for Trials on T'Internet. :angry:

:D Great news. Looks like 2007 will be a landmark year for the sport. What with YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE finally coming through the letterbox and now Trials Central going from strength to strength.

Might even have to make it my homepage now :angry: