Best Looking Trials Bike Ever?

scotty

Ok guys i starting a new thread here on the best looking trials bike ever made! and im gonna have to back track here a bit when i said an ossa mar , heres my top five!

1, kawasaki kt250 (lights included)

2, ossa mar 250

3, late suzuki beamish

4, matchless/ ajs 350

5, greeves tfs

whats yours? :D

You lot don't know that by answering this topic your giving away your age, your choice of bike denotes your era, which in turn denotes your age. If your 40+ then you'll most probably like the British bikes, but if you below 40 then its either twin-shocks or the early moderns. Me i like the TYZ, so hands up who's a grandad :D

Currently best looking is the new Beta Rev 4 but I ride Beta's so I'm biased

Favourite ever:

Post 34, RTL Honda

Last of the RTL Works bikes (i think), long time ago now but still think the Pink Rtl's were the best looking trials bikes ever. (I have a soft spot for any of the Honda trials bikes, TL TLR RTL TLM etc etc )

Twin Shocks

340 Bultaco (old man had one, loved it despite the pain).

Loved the Ossa Gripper, the big orange beggar

Yellow 320 Majesty's were lovely as well

Moffat's Matchless

Sammy's Ariel

and of course any BSA fan has to love OOH 760

PS I'm 40!!!!!!

Edited by Slapshot 3

The first Scorpa SY250 at the dirt bike show in 2000 is still the trials bike that sticks out most in my memory.

Next would be the first TXT with the alloy tank introduced in 1998.

Third is the Beamish Suzuki with the chrome frame.

Fourth place goes to GOV132.

But I make no appologies, as it's not a trials bike, for mentioning the best looking bike ever... the Honda RC30.

Best

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

This is a nice one too but there isn't a better photo to see it properly. Built in Spain for Magical's 60th I believe and a bit trick I imagine judging by the slimline ignition cover. Must be a lightweight flywheel in there far starters.

..as somebody pointed out - this poses the question of both age and nostalgia....!

...I'm not sure why - but there was something special about early 1989...

I remember riding as a youth on a TY80, generally minding my own business, warming up and trying to get the blasted thing over a fallen tree at a local trial, when somebody pulled up with this crazy looking bright orange and white space bike, complete with pointy mudguards and a bandaid for a seat...!!

Everybody else at the time were either riding TY250's or earlier Fantics which all looked a bit samey, then....the Fantic 245 arrived.....

For me - at the time, this was by a country mile a beauty...!!

..the Honda TLM 260 wasn't a bad looking bike in 89 either....!

WHAT?!!! Nobody mentioned the best of all? The lithe, svelte, sexy lines of the early to mid 70s Cotas

were never seen before and often copied after. And RED! Grrrraarr.

I'm not biased at all, either. MARs look pretty good too. Oh yeah, and all that really old stuff too.

th_after.jpg

Some really nice bikes over the years come to mind. The mono Yam when it first came out! Or how about the first Beta Zero and that aluminum frame?? The 94 yellow and black Techno and the current Beta 4T are fav's too! Of course most of the old Fantic twinshocks are beauty's too!

Suanders and Lejeune's Rothmans Honda's took trials bikes to a different league in terms of presentation and trick bits. Probably same leap as Miller made with GOV 132 only rothmans colours where a little brighter than Barbours I would imagine.

I Remember seeing Saunders ride his up a stream in a dark valley at the World Round at Patley Bridge and the bike gleamed through the dark!!

1993 Contacts 250 also special, remember Saunders again turning up at Colmore with one, chrome frame and deep red plastics with the large Radiator cowls made them look different to anything else.