Changes To Daily Routes For 07

ishy

Looking at last years in the program and still trying to sus em at the mo, but a good topic to talk about.

[story, TC front page]

The routes for the 2007 SSDT are coming together nicely, with some changes planned from the last few years, but the great news is that it looks fairly certain that Lagnaha will be back. Lagnaha is a series of great spectator sections - although many riders cringe at the thought of a fistfull of fives, they all secretly relish the challenge of beating those classic sections under the watchful eyes of hundreds of spectators!

The two long days - Tuesday and Thursday - will remain much the same as previous years, but Wednesday and Friday will be shuffled around to add some interest.

Wednesday will see sections at Callart, Kilmalieu and the Kingairloch loop being used, finishing with Rhuba Ruadh entailing a double trip over the Corran ferry. Friday will start off with the usual trip out towards Pipers Burn and round to Strontain, but then up to the ravine at Coire Dubh, and out along Loch Shiel finishing with the easy(!) moor over to Trotters Burn.

Saturday will see the event finish off as usual on Ben Nevis but will include a few more spectator sections around Kinlochleven in the morning.

More details will follow whan the routes and permissions are tied up. In the meantime, remember that in order to secure your place in the trial you must have paid your full entry fee no later than Friday 9th February. If you think there's a chance that your payment may be late, particularly if you're sending it through a foreign bank account, please get in touch with the Secretary to be sure that your place isn't reallocated to another rider!

Edited by Ishy

Ishy whats this meant to be ? looks like the same info as on the SSDT site and the article on TC.

BUT to get the topic going...

we used to go to Lagnaha via a different route involving some forest track and a short bit of moor. There was a group of sections included on loose rocks in a narrow gulley. Nowadays we go in on the road from ballaculish (spelling anyone ?) and come back out the same way. I wonder if we'll go in via the forest again ?

Th run then was from pap of Glencoe to sections called Cairn then over the hill through the forest to Lagnaha. I think the club lost access to thata while ago.

The tweaks and variation will make a nice few changes for people this year.

Only minor issue I can see is that it gives Kinell two shots at heading for Mallaig .... :banana2:

Ishy whats this meant to be ? looks like the same info as on the SSDT site and the article on TC.

BUT to get the topic going...

we used to go to Lagnaha via a different route involving some forest track and a short bit of moor. There was a group of sections included on loose rocks in a narrow gulley. Nowadays we go in on the road from ballaculish (spelling anyone ?) and come back out the same way. I wonder if we'll go in via the forest again ?

Yes I remember that route too 'Baldilocks' infact I can still picture Norman Pickles puffing on his pipe while observing that loose rocky gully, good on you Norman! :banana2:

I was trying to sus the Fri course, in 98 we rode out to Pipers, then back along the road and down Loch Shiel over to Coire Dubh. way I read it this year we go right round then back the other way up Lock Shiel, and over Annatt to Trotter's, HL put it down as easy , so I look forward to seeing her parked up there in the little econo box, cheering us on.

Edited by Ishy

Norman will be missed this year, he was always predicting my doom without ever intending to.

"watch you dont go in that hole on the left" , once you get that kind of advice theres only one thing going to happen...

Ride bike into hole, observe observer writing 5, retreive motorcycle !!!

gis a clue anyway, who's 2fargone ?

Edited by Baldilocks

Norman will be missed this year, he was always predicting my doom without ever intending to.

"watch you dont go in that hole on the left" , once you get that kind of advice theres only one thing going to happen...

Ride bike into hole, observe observer writing 5, retreive motorcycle !!!

gis a clue anyway, who's 2fargone ?

"watch you dont go into that hole on the left" were the very words he said to me that day on that very section, but I think I just managed to get my front wheel through the ends cards before falling in a massive heap all through avoiding 'said hole on left'!

ok then I'll give you a clue, the only Chairlift I'll be riding this year will be a 'Stannah' and I hope that bugger makes it through the ends cards! :banana2:

Why did they change the name from 'Kentallen' to 'Lagnaha' was it just because the farm was called Lagnaha??

..and before Punch and Judy start No! I'm not Thora Hird!!!!!

Edited by 2fargone