Kickstart (tv) With Bernie Schrieber

sting32

good videoe the event very interesting I have a few questions has anybody figured out the format of the event. no penaltys for dabbing??? Its not exactly trials as we know it what was the event called as far as a sport It was a yearly event? When was the last year.

good videoe the event very interesting I have a few questions has anybody figured out the format of the event. no penaltys for dabbing??? Its not exactly trials as we know it what was the event called as far as a sport It was a yearly event? When was the last year.

I watched it again. Anyone got any insight on this event as to what type of race it is called and if anything like it is going on today??

I wonder if something like this event could make television in the U.S.

If you were a kid in the 80's in the UK - whether you were into Trials or not (and I wasn't at the time - I didn't get involved with the sport till, I think, 1990 and even then it was circumstances and not a personal decision that got me into it) Kickstart was compulsive viewing. It was prime-time kids TV and everybody watched it.

I've not mentioned this before, but I can see from the website stats what people type into search engines in order to find their way to this site. Kickstart, Kickstart BBC, Junior Kickstart etc appear every month near the top of the list. That shows the influence the show had on people.

Lord Hesketh's estate,

As in Hesketh, who tried to re-juvinate the british road bike building industry, (and failed miserably)Inspired by Lord Hesketh, who at the time had a background of F1 racing being the last private team to win a F1 Grand Prix with James Hunt at the wheel. Lord Hesketh wanted to use the skills and facilities built up in that pursuit to greater effect and production of a quality motorcycle was born. The Hesketh motorcycle was developed on the Easton Neston estate, the home of the Lord, with the prototype running in the spring of 1980 with, which was then a special Weslake engine commissioned for the Hesketh machine. Research, development and road testing has continued from that date on the estate to the present day.

After two years of intense development it was announced to the press and partners were sort for the manufacturing. As none were forthcoming and the City was interested in investing in the venture, Hesketh motorcycles PLC was formed. In 1981-2 a modern purpose built factory was set up to manufacture the bikes in Daventry (15 miles to the north) but unfortunately due to lack of cash, start-up problems and a collapsing market, this went into receivership and ceased trading after manufacturing about one hundred V1000 models for the home market.

This left the new owners without any backup and the employees without a job so the development team, which had always been based at Easton Neston, and had continued development on the machine under the support of Lord Hesketh, offered support and modifications to the bikes sold. This expanded to the manufacture of machines from 1982-4 under the name of Hesleydon Ltd. who obtained the necessary certification to sell overseas and went on to develop the Vampire after requests for a touring version of the V1000. But when the general down turn in motorcycle market started to effect sales the decision was made to cease general manufacture due to the high cost of the parts together with the fact that we could not increase our volume to implement proper production assembly methods.

There , see, i'm full of useless information

Edited by monty-python

fantastic video!!! never seen anything like it! Really suprised that Lejeune had that much trouble though!

Was waaaay too young to remember 1st time round, but know a few non - bike guys who do! It's amazing how far it reached to the average public!!

And I agree, BRING IT BACK!!! :guinness:

watching kickstart is was got me intrested in trials, i watched the vid and as soon as my sister heard the start music she said " ooh kickstart" and came running over t computer. i definately think they should revive the show for the playstation generation :D:guinness:

i definately think they should revive the show for the playstation generation :o:D

:guinness:

definately, get some off the lazy b......... of their backsides.

Every time I mention Graham Jarvis' name, that eejit wife of mine starts singing the flipping tune :crying:

Edited by Slapshot 3