Riding Numbers

highland lassie

As you know, the deadline for paying entry fees passed last Friday. We've now had a final listing of all payments received from our bank, which means that it's time to reallocate all the unpaid places and then get the numbers organised. However, there's a couple of problems, and that's where we need a bit of help from you guys!

Firstly there are a staggering 31 unpaid places - it's usual to have a lot of riders who can't make it, but normally some of them bother to let us know beforehand! Tonight and tomorrow morning will be spent phoning and emailling those riders to find out whether they've actually paid or not so that we can get their payments sorted out or their places reallocated. If you know of anybody who isn't turning up, it would be great if you could email us at ssdtoffice@ssdt.wanadoo.co.uk to tell us - we may already know, but if we don't it will save us a heck of a lot of wasted time.

The second problem is that there are two payments into our bank account which don't have rider names on them - that means we don't have a clue who they're from, and if we can't find out by tomorrow, their places will be reallocated and their money returned. Both payments have been received by international transfer - the first was received on 15/01 and the only reference given is a number beginning 00714... If that looks familiar to anybody, please give me a call with the rest of the reference so that we know it's your payment and your place will be safe. The second payment was received on 02/02 and the only reference begins with the name Natasha - again, if you think this could be yours, get in touch with the rest of the reference straight away so that we don't end up reallocating your place.

Thanks in advance for your help - if we can get to the bottom of this tomorrow then the numbers will be drawn up on Saturday and published either Saturday night or Sunday morning. If we don't get very far then it won't be done until the following weekend - we're as keen to get the job done as you are, so all assistance will be much appreciated!

Edited by Highland Lassie

Thanks in advance for your help - if we can get to the bottom of this tomorrow then the numbers will be drawn up on Saturday and published either Saturday night or Sunday morning. If we don't get very far then it won't be done until the following weekend - we're as keen to get the job done as you are, so all assistance will be much appreciated!

Well done HL :D

Can have a longer snooze on Monday :stoned::)

Well done HL

Can have a longer snooze on Monday

Longer snooze....longer in the pub on sunday night you mean...... :stoned:

That's some work today HL :D and you managed to keep most of the hooligans together near the back :)

That's some work today HL and you managed to keep most of the hooligans together near the back

Actually Donald she has done Kinell a favour as he is in the first group of riders on Friday, which means he has plenty of daylight hours to do his normal route up to Morar :D:stoned:

Edited by GIZZA5

I just want to say a big thank you to Highland Lassie for this weekends work -

You guys say riding the Scottish is "a bit like work" well what HL does IS REAL WORK. And to manage to get all of the payments and numbers and reserve lists sorted out in her spare time over the weekend was over and above the call of duty.

Thanks HL - we all owe you a wee voddy. :D

Duncan is seriously cheesed off to say the least. He was planning on running the old TYZ yet again but missed the cut at ballot.

Now this opens an interesting question.

Should a rider who has supported the event through thick and thin riding every year since he turned 17 be sort of entitled to a ride or should someone like that accept he's had a fair go at it and let a new rider in?

I really dont know which to support. I know Duncan well and he's become a bit of a character of the SSDT over the years sticking to the same bike for 10 years is quite something. Does he deserve support from the organisers? Well yes he does. but.....

I rode the event in 2005 for the first (and last) time and if everyone who rode once or twice always got a ride how would people likeme get a chance? Did I and other first timers deserve a chance. Well yes we did.

What does everyone think. I'm sure Duncan would love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Duncan is seriously cheesed off to say the least. He was planning on running the old TYZ yet again but missed the cut at ballot.

Should a rider who has supported the event through thick and thin riding every year since he turned 17 be sort of entitled to a ride or should someone like that accept he's had a fair go at it and let a new rider in?

I can understand why he is cheesed off!

Duncan would be unlikely NOT to finish, he makes a serious attempt at the vast majority of the sections.

I for one am extremely surprised that he has not an entry.

Duncan Mitchell is a rider who the majority of Scots would know and look out for when watching & seeing a TYZ adds a bit of variety to the entry -

perhaps thats it - an old bike & not a current trials bike manufacturer

perhaps thats it - an old bike & not a current trials bike manufacturer

I very much doubt that. Duncan is definitely one of the characters of the modern SSDT and that TYZ of his is almost legendary. Has anybody ever ridden the same bike so many times in the SSDT?

I'm amazed he didn't get an entry as he did support the event during it's hard times, but then it could just show the ballot is not as fixed as some people think.