Riding Numbers

doogle

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit like Andy then :)

nooooo, I'm nothing like Andy, I don't smoke..... :lol:

Good luck with the Weather all you nutters... errr I mean fine men (and women) taking 6 days of that on :lol: + 5 days of recuperation :thumbup:

Get your butt up here Beardsall, you know you want to :lol::lol:

Good luck with the Weather all you nutters... errr I mean fine men (and women) taking 6 days of that on :lol: + 5 days of recuperation :thumbup:

Get your butt up here Beardsall, you know you want to :lol::lol:

Yeah, I would like to go - Will decide at the last minute.. Basically after I have checked the Weather ( The southern woos that I am ) :) even though Beardsall is a solid Yorkshire name :lol:

Forecast info will commence probably Friday, unless the webmaster wants to use some amateur mob..... :thumbup::)

Now let's see...

You told me it was going to snow so us Scooby boys could have some carpark fun - you got that wrong

You told me it was going to rain at Kinloch for the Brit round - you got that wrong

Who exactly are the amateurs? :lol:

Forecast info will commence probably Friday, unless the webmaster wants to use some amateur mob..... :lol::lol:

Now let's see...

You told me it was going to snow so us Scooby boys could have some carpark fun - you got that wrong

You told me it was going to rain at Kinloch for the Brit round - you got that wrong

Who exactly are the amateurs? :lol:

It was raining...if you been three thousand feet up :lol:

was going to add a pic but it won't let me...sorted :thumbup:

1200UTC (1 pm) 03/05/07

Orange bits are warm air, surface temps about 22-24 degrees, dry patchy cloud light easterly winds (best kind for Fort William :)

Green and Blue colder and suggest wind and rain. What we want is the high pressure warm air over the atlantic in the Pic to drift north and east towards the UK, that would be nice.

Edited by Slapshot 3

It was raining...if you been three thousand feet up :thumbup:

Donald

Wouldn't rain at 3000ft still arrive at ground level as some point soon afterwards?

Not always, on that afternoon it was evaporating before it got any where near the ground, one of our higher gauges above Blackwater was registering rain, on our radar we had a band of rain right across the north west but nothing hit the ground till much later in the day. The phenomenon is called Virga

Virga

Edited by Slapshot 3

In meteorology, virga is precipitation that falls from a cloud but evaporates before reaching the ground. At high altitudes the precipitation falls mainly as ice crystals before melting and finally evaporating; this is usually due to compressional heating because the air pressure increases closer to the ground. It is very common in the desert.

Now I understand. Kinloch is indeed a well known desert area. :thumbup:

In meteorology, virga is precipitation that falls from a cloud but evaporates before reaching the ground. At high altitudes the precipitation falls mainly as ice crystals before melting and finally evaporating; this is usually due to compressional heating because the air pressure increases closer to the ground. It is very common in the desert.

Now I understand. Kinloch is indeed a well known desert area. :thumbup:

I could have written anything, none of you would believe me but after 22 years of this job, it's nothing new. :)

It is common in desert areas, but it does happen everywhere. Try this, maybe a better definition for all you doubting bigfoots..... :lol::lol:

"Virga is any form or precipitation that doesn't reach the ground. There could be rain virga or snow virga. But in either case, the precipitation evaporates somewhere on the journey from clouds toward earth. Virga, which is spelled v-i-r-g-a, is pretty common and you've probably seen it but didn't know it had a special name. It looks like a torn curtain hanging from the cloud, but only down about halfway to the ground below. Sometimes the air thousands of feet above the ground is moist enough to produce clouds and rain at the same time that the air closer to the ground is as dry as a bone. So when rain falls in these conditions it evaporates on its freefall to earth. It is easy to spot its wispy form seemingly hanging in the air beneath its parent cloud"

Some Piccys

Edited by Slapshot 3