Scorpa 4 Stroke Narita!

hop blip and a jump

Wish I could make my 175 dance like that, mind you he did take a soft dab on the bank!!!!!!!!

I presume the bike was a 168?

Notice the additions to the sump gaurd!

Those banks looked pretty big considering video never gives them justice, overall not bad for a gutless/longride/4st piece of poop!!!! which if you believe everyone couldn't break the skin of a rice pudding!

Sorry but when I rode one it was as flat as a pancake when given some stick. I saw Taddy ride one at the TTC USA and the lack of power was so noticeable, that when he was attempting some of the bigger stuff, he was virtually getting off the bike before the hazard as he knew it wasn't gonna make it!

To be fair, it was last year so they may of added another 100cc to it since then to make it competitive :(

Sorry but when I rode one it was as flat as a pancake when given some stick. I saw Taddy ride one at the TTC USA and the lack of power was so noticeable, that when he was attempting some of the bigger stuff, he was virtually getting off the bike before the hazard as he knew it wasn't gonna make it!

To be fair, it was last year so they may of added another 100cc to it since then to make it competitive :(

Narita's bike is a 125cc, so having seen Taddy ride maybe it was the rider rather than the bike that was having trouble in the USA!

Listen to the way Narita rides it - he seems to have the technique. Pin the throttle and ride it on the clutch.

Edited by arnoux

Oooooops :( yup, it is the 125cc Air cooled . Taddy was on the new 4t of course and that was the machine I was referring too. :blink:

Actual displacement of Taddy's bike at the US World Round last year was 300cc's.

Oooooops :( yup, it is the 125cc Air cooled . Taddy was on the new 4t of course and that was the machine I was referring too. :blink:

Actual displacement of Taddy's bike at the US World Round last year was 300cc's.

Really? In that case that makes it look even worse!

Barcota - 300cc's .....how do you know this?

That's not story i got from Scorpa USA, Scorpa France or the boys at SRT. And it is still not the case.

The main reason he was struggling, more than his normal , general ability level, was the bike turned up at 5pm on the thursday night, zero setup time, and he had clutch issues, swapping plates left right and centre. Not finding a suitable clutch pack combination for the slippery conditions.

That's not story i got from Scorpa USA, Scorpa France or the boys at SRT. And it is still not the case.

The main reason he was struggling, more than his normal , general ability level, was the bike turned up at 5pm on the thursday night, zero setup time, and he had clutch issues, swapping plates left right and centre. Not finding a suitable clutch pack combination for the slippery conditions.

Correct, and it was still pre-production. A lot of development since then. One of the main issues behind all the clutch swapping, at the world round, was the language barrier. What Tad wanted, versus what was being asked for, caused changes to be made in the wrong direction. That debut, and the problems, did a lot to damage peoples perception of the bike, including my own. But, fortunately, not enough to stop me getting one!

Correct, and it was still pre-production. A lot of development since then. One of the main issues behind all the clutch swapping, at the world round, was the language barrier. What Tad wanted, versus what was being asked for, caused changes to be made in the wrong direction. That debut, and the problems, did a lot to damage peoples perception of the bike, including my own. But, fortunately, not enough to stop me getting one!

Ahhhh. So that explains why I saw him flying around in the practice arena at the TTC revving the bike and dropping the clutch repetitiously and murmuring Polish expletives (or thats what I imagined they were) :(