Week 21 - Where Now For Britain?

Andy

Scarborough would need to operate a one way system for the roads in and out of the camp to cope with the volume of traffic. You could even have the paddock at the Flask Inn, what with the campsite behind it would be ideal for the big trucks, campers, as well as the media centre. Public camping could take place either there or at the camp. There is also a vast amount of accomodation at Scarborough itself and Whitby.

Right thats that sorted!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarborough would need to operate a one way system for the roads in and out of the camp to cope with the volume of traffic. You could even have the paddock at the Flask Inn, what with the campsite behind it would be ideal for the big trucks, campers, as well as the media centre. Public camping could take place either there or at the camp. There is also a vast amount of accomodation at Scarborough itself and Whitby.

Right thats that sorted!!

PS Scarborough also has a bike week in the Summer, which shows that the council is a little bike friendly.

There is a MASSIVE up front financial outlay to lay on a world round. Where does that money come from?

Good of you to offer Andy. Hope you're not going to have to sell that Scooby to get by :D

I think that's the trouble now that it can only be done by people like Jake/Martin. That's sort of why I was wondering how the last two or three have gone. I'm guessing that they at least broke even, but from the outside anyway it seems to be run pretty smoothly. A new crew would undoubtedly come across more financial problems without input from those that have already been there.

I really don't know who would have the ability to run it if Jake et al don't fancy another one. I'm sure there's a few out there that would think about it, but it's a massive risk.

There is a MASSIVE up front financial outlay to lay on a world round. Where does that money come from?

ACU, Importers, Local Authorities, Sponsors ????? a rich individual, I don't really know, but World Rounds have been ran in this country before and I'm sure they can be ran in the future.

What type of financial outlay are we talking about?

If you find an alan sugar to put his money on the table first thing he will look at is the time of year it's being held,right at the start of the summer"school" holiday's and that will be enough for him to say no thank you.

That date for us seem's to be a raw deal.

If you find an alan sugar to put his money on the table first thing he will look at is the time of year it's being held,right at the start of the summer"school" holiday's and that will be enough for him to say no thank you.

I would have thought the opposite. Whilst the weather in this country is unpreditable to say the least, you would take July above any other month. The kids are on holiday so the parents can even make a long weekend of it.

What date would you prefer?

I would have thought the opposite. Whilst the weather in this country is unpreditable to say the least, you would take July above any other month. The kids are on holiday so the parents can even make a long weekend of it.

What date would you prefer?

I'd say june or early july would be good for date's.

Trying to find a venue this time of year is going to be alot tougher than trying to find a venue back in june early july.The tourist area's are in full swing now,

Try and run the SSDT this time of year,well it just would'nt happen.That's the kind of venue we need but we'd never get it in the summer holiday's.

I think if the location and timing is right you will get Local Authority support. I was lucky to get invited to the civic reception this year during ssdt week and was very impressed by the leader of the council who talked of the importance of the event to the local community and how keen the local authority were to help.

Think about that, look at the Weston Beach Race or the WTC in Bangor or the Isle of Mans various events. why do we always assume local authorities wont be interested ? I'm not saying its easy but we seem to defeat ourselves before we even start by having such limited expectations.

the financial side is more difficult but some concrete figures would help and then we need to look at solutions. Do it as a trials community rather than hoping some individual will come along and do it for us. How much are we talking about each if our ever generous trials community chipped in ? (excluding yorkshire obviously :D).

this maybe naive but its better than accepting the doom and gloom, bloody hell humanity got to the moon nearly 40 years ago and now we are going to accept that a country can t organise a trial ?

Edited by Baldilocks

I totally agree Baldilocks.

Doesn't it still come back though to the fact that Jake, and let's not even dream of understimating this guy, couldn't find the right location.

I not saying the location doesn't exist, but it does look elusive.

I totally agree Baldilocks.

Doesn't it still come back though to the fact that Jake, and let's not even dream of understimating this guy, couldn't find the right location.

I not saying the location doesn't exist, but it does look elusive.

The location's are there the problem is there restricted to finding fenced in venue's?Baldilock's got it right by saying the trial's community as a whole should be putting there little bit in the pot and then that make's the trial everybody's so you would'nt need a fence and that would give them more variety of venues,find a small tourist village to take over out of holiday season with the right surrounding's and there''d welcome us with open arm's

How many head's walked through the gate's at hawkstone?

Edited by bilco

Reckon takings are 100 k, so deduct costs from that and there you have it.

The fim can't want more than 25k surely?

Low north are there enough WTC sections there?

Flask Inn would work as there is a back way from there to Low niorth unless I'm mistaken so youths won't be a problem.

WTC's are held in countries a lot poorer than the UK, at venues probably more suited to club trials than World Championships, with way less facilities than Hawkstone and yet they take place year in year out. The Organisation bodies in those countries will probably have less financial resources than the ACU and the promoters less experience.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure we haven't heard the last of L & M Events. You don't go through all the pain of organising three WTC Rounds, gain a huge wealth of experience in doing so, get it down to a fine art and then quit.