Mighty Atom

gizza5

Just to say well done Michael :rolleyes: championship was always in the bag, but rode today like a true Champ and went out on top.

Seems we have dominated the Junior WTC for the last few years and the future looks good with the likes of Sam Haslam and Wiggy to step up onto the top step of the podium on a regular basis.

Hawkstone was a great event and well done to all the organisers, just one thing................

Did Jake get the PA system off ''Flea-Bay'' and no disrespect, but the commentator wasn't exactly motivating with commentry and interviews :rolleyes:

but apart from that top job and once again WELL DONE MIGHTY ATOM

couldn't agree with you more, but as for the commentry i wasn't there. Alexz is worth a mention he is still riding a 125cc machine (?) if he is that's an amazing ride from a very likable young guy. Ross also rode well and Lee. Jarvis had a great ride, but Dabill i was expecting a bit more.

Edited by spud

It was great to see Michael win the Junior WTC in true style, dominating from start to finish. Also Shaugan deserves a big pat on the back as he is one hell of a minder and has done a tremendous job all season.

Hopefully Browny will ride the remaining rounds in Andorra and Belgium riding the full WTC class, ready for next year.

Echo this, well done Atom (no not you Ian :rolleyes: ).....Pretty immense season, championship in the bag with two rounds to go, nice one.

Bigger picture of course, gives us a great outlook, Atom, Wiggy, Sam Haslam (obviously had a blinder in the Gasser), Lee Sampson and of course Ross in the youths, Jack Challenor and a rake of others from the schoolboys British trials has a rosy future, Well done each and every one of you.

Still hacked off I couldn't get there but never mind, such is life

couldn't agree with you more, but as for the commentry i wasn't there. Alexz is worth a mention he is still riding a 125cc machine (?) if he is that's an amazing ride from a very likable young guy. Ross also rode well and Lee. Jarvis had a great ride, but Dabill i was expecting a bit more.

Yes Alexz is still on a 125 till he is 18. (In fact the three podium places in the youth class were all taken by older lads)

He was a bit disappointed with his result today but I think the little bike struggled on a few important sections.

Sam Haslam in fact broke the tapes twice so he could have been even better, than his score.

Well done to Michael :rolleyes: who has been head and shoulders above the rest of the junior riders, I fully expect him to beat a few of the newer WTC riders in Andorra and Belgium.

The way the Atom rides is different from everyone, allmost old school, like don't go round it, just hit it and go over it just like Bou . He will do well in the top class, and if he rides like his second lap at Hawkstone he'l be in the top 10. Makes you proud to be British.

I made my congratulations personally earlier today, but would like to make a little comment here.

I was in Gefrees in Germany in September 2005 when I saw a very proud (and slightly tearful!) Dad witness his son win his very first Junior World round. Today, it brought a lump to the throat to see that same proud Dad grab that same son as he crossed the finishing line as Junior WORLD CHAMPION. I'm really pleased not just for Michael, but for his folks and for Shaughan and his folks too. Nicer folk you couldn't hope to meet and I look forward to seeing The team of Atom and Menanddogs take on the big boys.

They'll be dancing in the streets of Scarborough tonight! :rolleyes:

Just to continue the congratulations to Team Atom and the Beta Top Trials Team. Apart from the fact that Michael is an incredible rider, the entertainment that Shaughan and himself provide inadvertently in the sections is just legendary! The smiles it puts on faces in the crowd is irreplaceable. Long may it continue :rolleyes:

Just really echoing the words of everyone else, it was a great weekend and fabulous to see Micheal and Shauhgan take the top spot, i dont know about everyone else who was there from scarbororough DMC but i was certainly welling up and had to lower my sun glasses seeing "our" boy on the top step!! it was ace!!. :rolleyes:

Our domination of the Junior class looks set to continue as surely the crown will be Wiggys next year, who didnt seem to have such a good day but was still cheery and happy when interviewed after the event,showing himself to be a true ambassador, well done Alexz! :rolleyes:

not sure about the commentary in the sections (they were to crowded to see who was commentating), but the commentator at the end around the section 14 (?) and the podium was Brian Higgins, who once upon a time (1970s?) was a top trials rider from the south west, but is currently a MX man as series manager for the British MX championship, MX committee member and promoter of two MX rounds this year. I'm not knocking Brian's efforts as commentating is really hard, you need to be able to speak clearly and know what your talking about. The next step is the organiser need to know the people who can do that. There are relatively few "known" people about, and the top starts (eg Jack Burnicle) cost a lot of money and often have other commitments).

i would just like to say a very big well done to pune!!!!!!! having been his minder for the last few years and a very good friend since he could speak (i think he learned to speak after he started to ride the bike ha ha) i have personaly seen all the effort that he has put in and it is a hell of alot!!! he really does deserve the title that he has just won!!!! i know everyone is very proud but i will say this only once and i dont like saying it but

WELL DONE CHAMP

ps keep training hard and one day you might just be able to get as good as me i know thats your biggest goal ha ha