Monty 4 Stroke

bigfoot

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting back mudguard, would you mount the numberplate underneath it so it's more visable from behind!

and that light, what's the point? you can't see it from the back, only from the top.

GREAT Bike though!

UniCam? Does not look like the CRF UniCam to me. Looks more like the Honda Helix head (http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/helix.html). Appears to be a SOHC with maybe just two valves. No flat head.

And note: Honda lawn mowers have not had Flat Heads for at least 20 Years. Current models even have SOHC. Maybe that is what that is?

I am afraid that fuel injection is a little more complicated than my mate Ishy states. The sensors are rarely simple on and off switches. And more info is needed other than crank position and throttle position. A mass air flow or manifold air pressure or both is needed in all electronic fuel injection systems made to date. Engine and air temperature thermostats are also needed to complete the fuel map. A computer must be programed with the fuel map. I also am skeptical that a Capacitor is used to start the fuel pump. Fuel pumps, especially high pressure fuel injection pumps, need quite a bit of voltage and amperage to start. To which end, I think I spy a little battery behind the voltage regulator( also needed for fuel injection).

Edited by toomanybikes

So what are the pro's and cons of fuel injection? It seems more mechanically complicated with more components that could potentially fail. Also I'm wondering how robust it is. If it gets typical trials abuse like say it gets dropped in a pool and draws water through the air inlet how will the system cope?

I'd rather be riding a caroureted bike twenty miles back in the woods from the truck. In all fairness it will probably be reliable most of the time. Problem is it opens up whole new horizons in frustration and expense for that other small percentage where things go wrong. It will require more diagnostic skills and parts availability. The first Gasser enduro four stroke to hit our local shop suffered a fuel pump relay failure with less than 50 miles on it, and had to be towed out of the backwoods by it's frustrated new owner. Then the part had to come from Spain and costed big bucks. No a bosch relay wouldn't fit as it was "special". Two weeks down time then the customer was most likely gutted and afraid to trust his expensive new bike. These are all things to consider. Still, like the legions of gas gas pro owners will testify, It's worth it if you love the bike enough. That will be the case for new Mont. owners also. Whatever the slings and arrows, It will be worth it. Jay

The more i look at it, the more i like it, to me it's 80's RTL meet's Cota 315.

Though, i'm not sure on the shape of the rear fender (remind's me of Sherco's), it's the fuel injection i'm am more bothered about.

Gaff.

Guest Rock_lad_315

:D Jay, Its a scheme to ensure all loops are less than 5 miles and if possible meet the spectator friendly format of being right around the perimeter of the parking lot/pit area.

The Mont looks killer and will no doubt be as bulletproof as the 315R in no time.