Boots

grib

After spraining my ankles twice in the last 6 months :unsure: the physio I saw today suggested my boots may not be supporting my ankles very well, I have got Hebo boots at the moment and even when they are fully tightened they don't seem to give a great deal of support. Can anyone suggest some boots which might be more supportive?

I bought a pair of ATV boots (MX boots with lug soles) made by MSR but they are way too stiff and it's hard to feel the brake pedal and pegs. A better solution is to wear ASO ankle braces under your regular boots. Tennis players wear them and once you put them on you will feel the support that will eliminate sprains.

Hebo boots are probably the softest on the market, they're like carpet slippers. I'd try all the different trials boots on the market before I'd touch anything for other motorcycle sports as previously stated they aren't supple enough.

Big pity you cannot get the old style Hebos any more, anybody got a nearly new light used pair of size 45's they don't want?

i tried on a pair of alpinestars boots at colin appleyards the other day, i don't think they are as smart as some of the other boots on the market although there are uuuuuuber comfy. there going to be my next pair of boots nyhoos definatly. there a little pricey but well worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies, I will try some Alpinestars and see how they feel, the only thing is (and I realise this sounds a bit gay) the colour options are rubbish. Billycraigs reply is excellent, some of it does seem to be in a foreign language though :icon_salut:

Come on Billy Craig - you saying those exercises are supposed to stop injury? Have you seen my physique? Sounds deadly :blush:

I may well make the Billy Craig approved Fitness for Fatties video with your approval.

I'll make a whole load of people feel a lot better about their condition :rolleyes:

Buy it for bloated family members at christmas. Cheer 'em right up.

Now where's my leotard? :icon_salut:

Hi, ive got a pair of Forma Gripper 2's and they are really supportive of the ankle. Had alot of falls and they always seem to do there job. Also they are really good at keeping your feet dry. Always good fun watching riders jumping from rock to rock trying to cross stream sections while i just walk straight through :o The only problem is the plastic straps on them, they really need to have metal pins in them as I have got through a few now.