Colin Mcrae's Helecopter Crashed?

gizza5

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried phoning a couple of my contacts who are close to the family, but no answer, one of them lives close by.

Personally I know Jim his father, I had little contact with Colin other than when he rode Lanarkshire trials as a schoolboy.

I fear for the worst.

Colin was 1981 Scottish Intermediate Youth Champion (now Youth B class) winner of the Jack Gow Trophy.

Big John

Very, very sad news. Not just for fans of motorsport, he managed to become an ambassador for the sport and brought rallying and Subaru into the Public's eye.

I will always remember following him round the '95 Network Q in awe at his total commitment and flamboyant driving! I managed to get to the finish of the last stage in Clocaenog where he captured the world crown. David Richards flew into the middle of the forest to congratulate him, a special moment.

Condolences to the Mcrae family.

Hard to believe the guy risked his life every time he got in his rally car driving at crazy speeds through woods on slippery roads and tracks, yet he finally meets his maker doing something hundreds of people do a day. A very sad loss of a man fully committed to everything he done.