Ducati Looking At Gas Gas?

larstrialinfo

OOOHHHH! With the article stating that the US market would like to see Ducati add the off road range of bikes to Ducati's offerings, does this mean that I could go to a Ducati dealer here in the US and physically see and purchase a new GasGas trials bike? Also would they carry parts? I could just stop by my local Ducati dealer. walk in and purchase the bits I broke the day before and take them home and intsall on bike that day?

Would be more convenient for average Joe trialer but would be disasterous for our current small time "dealer" network.

Joking aside, Ducati wanting a foothold in the U.S. off-road market means(to me)the more lucrative motocross and enduro scene ...Not the ''cottage industry'' trials scene, so what would happen there ? Asset strip ?

Cue:replies telling us how Honda makes a fortune out of Montesa??

I think Honda bought Montesa back in the dark ages to get a factory in Spain for moped sales/manufacture, but I'm not sure

If trials is a cottage industry does this mean trials riders are all cottagers? :banana2:

Very similar in the fact neither can sit down!!!!

It mentions that GasGas may be looking to sell all or part of the company. Would Ducati really want the trials market? I doubt they could really expect to support them fully in their dealerships. Wouldn't be surprised if GasGas are looking to raise some cash that they sell off the Enduro side of the company and they might actually be able to finish their side valve job?

Dunno - just a thought.

Edited by bikespace

Yep i think the other guy's are right,you can wave goodbye to the Trial's side of gasgas if Ducati take's hold of the whole package,Think there's a big clue in that article saying Ducati dealer's in the state's want an off road scene in there name out there,and you can be sure there not thinking trials to make them money.

Hopefully gasgas will hold the trials side back from the deal and carry on producing the bike's themself's probaly under a diffrent name.

What would be the most likely thing to happen? I'm thinking Ducati would buy the designs and rights to the enduro machines, and rebadge them as Ducati's? Then GasGas would be free to continue manufacturing the trials bike with the money?

I don't know how much the investment was from the financial crew a few years ago, hopefully not so much that there's be nothing left once Ducati bought them out?

I don't think they'll re badge them at all. Except to say "Gas Gas by Ducati" or some such. Interestingly Ducati used to have a factory in Spain. Also, not all of Gas Gas is for sale. Only about 40%.

Edited by TooFastTim

What would be the most likely thing to happen? I'm thinking Ducati would buy the designs and rights to the enduro machines, and rebadge them as Ducati's? Then GasGas would be free to continue manufacturing the trials bike with the money?

I don't know how much the investment was from the financial crew a few years ago, hopefully not so much that there's be nothing left once Ducati bought them out?

I can't see how the economics will work. To build trials machines and run a development team, and run a WTC team, all on the sales of trials machines alone is pretty near impossible in the current market I would suggest. I hope they release some details of what this entails soon for the benefit of everyone concerned.