Week 52 - A Star Called Brown

Andy

04022007174712-0a.jpg

at which point he was 75 seconds ahead of the KTM man and lapping the field by the dozen.

KTM must think there in the middle of a nightmare having Trial's boy's sinking there best man. :thumbup:

Has KTM signed Michael up yet,there policy seem's to be if you can't beat them Employ them.

With Taddy already in a position to potentially earn more than Bou, then when you can do what Michael done trouncing them all at his first attempt, his earning potential in this sport could easily eclipse that. Therefore, his future may not be with trials...... Or maybe he can do both? I don't know. But after seeing him at Sheffield, he certainly is a star.

Very well done that man :thumbup:

A most excellent and impresive performance I watched him robbed of a result in France a couple of years ago and he took that with exeptional good grace..... it takes more to be dignified in those circumstances than to be praised for winning. If Michael reads this please accept a word of advice offered as an an old lag who has to stand on the sidelines observing more frequently, is to be aware of his "image / personna towards us... please at least recognize the officials presence and please do not spit in the section. It's not too late to change your ways and remember a little charm goes a long way. It's really standard advice to all sporstmen to be nice to everybody on the way up and you will be surprised how many returns can come from this on the way down.

Yes well done to Browny for winning the trial sprint, up against the same machinary, as for letting him into to MAIN event, no problem, but he has to take part on the same equipment otherwise it becomes a joke, oh it did, (in my view), prehapps would've been interesting to have knighter and Taddy take part in the trial sprint, on tials bikes of course!!!

Other than that a truely great event, look forward to next years......

P.S.

Have you heard, only the winner from last year's "Tour De France" is on a road race bike, the rest are on mountain bikes, wonder who'll win!!!!!!!!

Have you heard, only the winner from last year's "Tour De France" is on a road race bike, the rest are on mountain bikes, wonder who'll win!!!!!!!!

Duh..the guy on the road bike, much lighter bike, less rolling resistance, quicker on the road in general.....or am I being to literal

trials bike v enduro bike.......enduro bike much more powerful, geared to put that pace on the ground, where they have the space much quicker over the ground.....the enduro bike should always win

Not to mention the Trials bike has next to no suspension compared to Enduro's,that would slow most of us down alone,compare bikes as much as you like,at the end of the day thing's become even.

Anyway he went home with a nice little pay packet,good luck to the lad.There should be more event's like this where you can go and win some note's.

Edited by bilc0

We're probably getting a bit hung up over it. The boy did well in the trials event, and they wondered whether his time would be beatable by the top enduro boys. He'd just done a pretty tiring race, so they gave him a bit of a challenge and for me, it made the day, otherwise Knighter would have been out in front for the whole day as usual. It was the most exciting bit of the day, when Knighter and Atom were swapping the lead.

Nobody else was going to touch Knighter on the day.

Another bit of excitement in there even when Browny was pulling well ahead was we were fairly sure he wouldn't make the full hour on one tankful, so he would have to make up enough time to refuel. I think maybe if Knighter didn't have to make sure of the 4 grand prize (and the overall win), he could have piled it on, and stayed close enough to Browny to take him on the refuel.

With regard to all the discussions about having the same bike, yep if Browny was on an enduro I think he'd probably have been well back down the order. If Knighter had been on a trials bike he'd probably have been well down the order too - because he'd probably have killed the bike within the hour. His build is no good for "racing" a standard trials bike. [Don't quote the Scott - he was well off the pace].

They're both top riders, and Atom is probably the perfect build to make the most of a trials bike on a course which probably lends itself more to a trials bike than an enduro bike.

Does anybody have the timings - I'd like to see if any of the other trials riders were close to the top enduro times, I would expect they were.

Although as a trials rider it was great to see Browny out there, we really shouldn't read too much in to it. Most of us would kill a trials bike riding it like that, so we can't automatically say trials bikes are the preferred machine for extreme enduro, or that Atom is a better enduro rider than Knighter. Lets say it was like a 400 metre runner beating a marathon runner over the first mile of the marathon. It's irrelevant, just a bit of fun.