Best Twinshock?

Guest majestyman340

dscf3852pv5.jpg

dscf3853ao8.jpg

dscf3831md6.jpg

Here is a 340

240 Frame, 303 Motor, 300 exhaust, 28mm Keihin carb, Bigger airbox modded WES 300 silencer

If you want a steeper head angle, speak to classic trial.

The next one has a 305 motor going into it which is a far AS i WANT TO PUSH THE TWIN SHOCK RULES OVER HERE:

I HAVE THE 303 RIMS FITTED AND A TUBELESS REAR BUT STILL ON 300 DRUMS:

a 95 SECTION FORK IS STILL TO BE FITTED:

sTILL GET TWO FOR THE PRICE OF A NEW MAJESTY FRAME

Edited by Lee Harris

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-1232-1204847746.jpg

Only 1 can be the best ... although I've never ridden a current state of the art SWM jumbo ! But I will get my hands on one someday (to build !!)

And I've watched some pro caliber riders on my bike do things that I didn't think you could do on a twinshock ! boy am I getting old or what ...

But ride what you can !!!! it's all about the fun anyways !!!

Glenn ;)

Edited by axulsuv

Guest majestyman340
the article didnot really test the bike, just really saying how they are reproducing a new batch, with mr whitlock doing the frames. confirm it says they weigh 2.75kg lighter. some good pictures.

about the head stock I think craigs idea was to keep them as original as possible, if your a majesty man worth dipping in your pocket and reading ..great magazine any way.

So this is a retro type collectors chassis, rather than a modern updated version of the original then? Didnt know it was a Whitlock frame..............had a Beamish Suzuki once, and that handled brilliantly!

Guest majestyman340
dscf3852pv5.jpg

dscf3853ao8.jpg

dscf3831md6.jpg

Here is a 340

240 Frame, 303 Motor, 300 exhaust, 28mm Keihin carb, Bigger airbox modded WES 300 silencer

If you want a steeper head angle, speak to classic trial.

The next one has a 305 motor going into it which is a far AS i WANT TO PUSH THE TWIN SHOCK RULES OVER HERE:

I HAVE THE 303 RIMS FITTED AND A TUBELESS REAR BUT STILL ON 300 DRUMS:

a 95 SECTION FORK IS STILL TO BE FITTED:

sTILL GET TWO FOR THE PRICE OF A NEW MAJESTY FRAME

Good to see a bike thats used not just sat in shed and polished.........................sounds like some very interesting mods, and must say I have never seen a Fantic painted black before.

Guest majestyman340
post-1232-1204847746.jpg

Only 1 can be the best ... although I've never ridden a current state of the art SWM jumbo ! But I will get my hands on one someday (to build !!)

And I've watched some pro caliber riders on my bike do things that I didn't think you could do on a twinshock ! boy am I getting old or what ...

But ride what you can !!!! it's all about the fun anyways !!!

Glenn ;)

Looks lovely...............had a ride on an SWM Jumbo many years ago, and if I could have found one recently would have bought one over the Majesty I have now, as I think they are great bikes, just very hard to find a good one.

• 4 weeks later...

To me the best twin shock is the honda tlr 250, but i know many peoply don't like them. It is a personal thing after all, i can't ride a fantic or any other two stroke half as good as my tlr but i am used to ride 4 stroke and i understand that most who are used to 2 stroke find them easier than a honda.

regards bob

• 1 year later...
Modern majesty or 25 year old fantic, no brainier, fantic every time for me,

and with the couple of grand saved can put that towards frame/suspension

mods, and can personalise to my own taste, buying a modern majesty seams

to me like buying, well, just another new bike !

Reading this with interest, and would like some advice on where to get a Fantic 340 does anyone know I did start a topic in the Fantic section but it seems to have disappeared?

Thanks

paul

I do believe you'll have to get all the bits and pieces and spread them out in your own workspace,stir them all around and reassemble into the combination you like,really if you can just find a decent 200 or 240 you'll be just fine riding it as it is...

personally I'd like to have my 240 motor in a 305 frame,it's such a sweet little thing!!

the weather turned sour right after I picked up my 309 so I haven't got a feel for her power characteristics yet,the reed valve fantics are alot noisier than piston port ones,don't gut a running 240 to put the larger engine in,find a knackered one please.

As above Paul - the 240 Fantic is more than enough in standard trim. They were good enough to win British Championship events back in their day and those trials were way harder than anything you'll ride it in today. If it's in good order it has more than enough power as a 240 and the chassis is fine as it is. A lot is said of today's 'tight' classic sections - this is B*****ks as they are nowhere near as tight as the sections of the early 80s when you had to hop round them.

All these mods that are being done to the 240 aren't necessary, they are a personal preference by the owners. You don't need a 240 with a 300 engine to compete with, but if you just want one, that's a different issue.

As regards getting one, Twinshock shop had some for sale I think, you could ask Lee Harris and try and persuade him to sell one of his, wait for one to be advertised or throw loads of money at Classictrial and have one built. A lot of work for little gain over the standard bike though.

As above Paul - the 240 Fantic is more than enough in standard trim. They were good enough to win British Championship events back in their day and those trials were way harder than anything you'll ride it in today. If it's in good order it has more than enough power as a 240 and the chassis is fine as it is. A lot is said of today's 'tight' classic sections - this is B*****ks as they are nowhere near as tight as the sections of the early 80s when you had to hop round them.

All these mods that are being done to the 240 aren't necessary, they are a personal preference by the owners. You don't need a 240 with a 300 engine to compete with, but if you just want one, that's a different issue.

As regards getting one, Twinshock shop had some for sale I think, you could ask Lee Harris and try and persuade him to sell one of his, wait for one to be advertised or throw loads of money at Classictrial and have one built. A lot of work for little gain over the standard bike though.

Thanks Woody sounds like sense to me, I did ask Classictrial but he was not interested and said that the Twinshock Shop has bought everything up?? I think I might just stick with the 330s should be updating steves thread soon with some pics of the first one to go under the knife.

Thanks Woody sounds like sense to me, I did ask Classictrial but he was not interested and said that the Twinshock Shop has bought everything up?? I think I might just stick with the 330s should be updating steves thread soon with some pics of the first one to go under the knife.

Do keep us updated on your 330! I should get on with mine too.

Wayne....