Bangor Updates

city trials

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It nearly zero degrees - and Pat's riding like crap. Absolute CRAP! Pat and I got into a heated discussion on section 4, as I was trying to get the 17 year olds head in the game.

Next time have the heated discussion before the event. A guaranteed win. Great job Patrick. It is great to wake up Sunday morning and see results. Thanks for all of the updates Craig. I have been addicted to the results.

Great job to Wiggy also.

A look at the section scores tell the story. For whatever reason he had a problem with section three.

But the kicker was the five in the last section, and thats why he was hanging his head. Tough break kid!

Since when is a 1/2 weekend a bad thing? W'er already developing a new warmup routine for Pat!

We will dress Craig up in one of them Michelin suits and let Pat just kick the living crap out of him for about 15 min.

Then we will have tha arm wrestling contest. This is where we get to try and pull Pat's arms off from around Craig's neck!

After all that, we'll let him go ride. Everything will be in the groove!

If there happens to be a bad section ride, we just duct tape the Michelin man to a tree for target practice with a few front wheel plants in strategic places, then move on!

Everything is normal! :rolleyes:

But the kicker was the five in the last section, and thats why he was hanging his head. Tough break kid!

I've got that last section where he lost the win on video. Coming soon :rolleyes:

I've just edited the video for this. You won't see his face clearly in the lower resolution Supporters video that's going online and I didn't notice it at the time looking through a tiny eyepiece, but it's clear from the hi-res original video that Patrick really hurt himself in section 15. He was obviously in a lot of pain. Having seen it now, I'd say he did pretty well to carry on and get through it. Fair play to the lad. Editing software doesn't do screen captures very well, but that's a look of pain...

post-20-1207597170.jpg

Left elbow meets pointy rock? :rolleyes:

You can see the online video, but yeah - that's pretty much what happened. Even later in the section he was clearly in pain and even after the whistle blew marking him as a five he carried on to complete it. I've good reason for defending the lad here as I think Craig has been overly critical of his performance. He sure as hell didn't slam himself off that rock on purpose.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, Was Luxemburg the first event then Bangor second and third.

Regardless wouldn't Pat be ahead of his competitors. I think He's doing Great and my hats off to him and all the people that had anything to do with getting him ready for this Historic battle. Now If our AMA would publish something about it in the American Motorcyclist magazine that they give me every month the world would be a better place.