Bangor Updates

city trials

It has to be tough for any kid coming over to Europe for a year.

This is the bit that I stuggle to understand, why is it so hard to come to Europe and ride? Mr. Blame Leavett banged on about how hard it was back in his day and folk still say it now.

I understand the cost side of things and feelings of home sickness would kick in but when I was that age (shut it before you all start!) I couldn't wait to get abroad and see the world.

So, why is it so tough for an American to fit in this side of the pond?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aye, I half get what you are saying now.

Did you read Pat's blog? I think CT posted a link to it the other day, my first thoughts were 'he whines and moans on a bit' but I suppose he was rightly p****d off at not winning both days especially with having a 5 in the final section - he made it quite clear that he couldn't wait to leave though!

PS.

If Doug, Dabill or Brown came 2nd next week, we would all be saying well done and congratulating them :lol:

Yes i read the blog.Sorry Kinell,That's exactly what i meant my word's don't allway's come out right in text.You would'nt believe the girlfriend's i've lost just because i've text them on the mobile.

Im not disputing he's ridding at all,im concerned about he's head.

ps.

On the dougie front,it look's like im going to be sending a tenner to someone for there favorite charity by the end of the year. :thumbup:

I think you are being a bit harsh Bilco. If you read His Blog it is clear he hasn't enjoyed the Bangor experience but, and this is a big but.. he states he has been feeling the pressure, riding poorly, has some back pain and doesn't like the cold and despite all that, he won the European round and narrowly missed out on the win in the YTC. He will come good I am sure and he needs to!

He did'nt like spain much either.

He did'nt like spain much either.

Yes I noticed that :thumbup:

He has the potential to do well but it's down to him, not anyone else. Ultimately, if he doesn't want to be here, he is wasting his time, his sponsors time and their money too! If he is fit and isn't giving 100% effort, then I would pack him off home and call it a day!

Yes I noticed that :lol:

He has the potential to do well but it's down to him, not anyone else. Ultimately, if he doesn't want to be here, he is wasting his time, his sponsors time and their money too! If he is fit and isn't giving 100% effort, then I would pack him off home and call it a day!

I think the problem is he's coming over as an American and not a Trials rider,oh while never mind. :thumbup:

....he's not one of our's anyhow.

Dont' see how that makes any difference to be honest. I can voice an opinion about Caby,Raga,Bou etc . They aren't British are they?

Give the kid a break!..........He's a teenager (moody) and I think it's universal world wide.

Sorry Dabnabit but saying he's a teenager (moody) etc. :thumbup: What kind of excuse is that ? When people are pumping their own money into him, just like any other sponsored rider, they have to give 100% at the very least whoever or whatever nationality they are. I don't see it any other way.

On a positive note, I am looking forward to see him ride well in Sequatchie on home soil. Hopefully that will give him a boost and get him back on track :lol:

Dont' see how that makes any difference to be honest.

When i said(he's not one of our's anyhow)it was'nt supposed to sound how you took it.

I've got massive respect for Toni Bou's ridding but im not going to congratulate him for it,he allready know's how good he is.so im not about to congratulate someone trying to make there way up the rank's no matter what country there from,just because the American's have been away from the world trial's scene does'nt mean they hav'nt had anyone good enough to put forward in the past,it simply mean's they hav'nt been bothered to keep up with the rest of the world in the past.so why should i give there man any respect for just being being there.

Im sure the right people over there are getting him together,he either learn's by them or he's out,it's as clear as that.

Edited by bilc0

i know from reading his blog that if i was ponsering him i would be mightily p****d off with his attitude

small fish...GREAT BIG POND syndrome maybe.

This is the bit that I stuggle to understand, why is it so hard to come to Europe and ride? Mr. Blame Leavett banged on about how hard it was back in his day and folk still say it now.

How they cope is part of their relative maturity, I suspect Bernie was at least a couple of years older than Pat is now (jeez I've got one of nearly 22 at home we can't even get him to move into the city!!). Pat obviously find's it difficult to cope, could be cultural, could be anything, I geuss we'll never know but any support folk can give him when he's on this side will do him the world of good.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Quite refreshing to read Pat's blog hear what he's truly feeling. People always moan about F1 with the drivers saying what's needed to keep the team/sponsors/bernie happy. Not old enough to remember the James Hunt era, but from what i've read he was pretty frank about what he said/did.

I love reading all the carefully scripted rider reports which adds a touch of professionalism, but i must admit that occasionally seeing the usually calm and collected rider spit their dummy out, provides an interesting insight into how driven a top rider is compared to the rest of us. Pat's learning curve is also a steep learning curve in Public relations as well as travel, new people etc. Pretty brave of him to give it a go and even braver to show his emotions......damed if you do, damed if you don't!!

Good luck :thumbup: