Week 67 - Fuel For Thought

Andy

what about the current british championship sponsor????? with there buisness in 4x4 sales and trials they may be able to provide vehicles??

I could ask around the RAFMSA if we could sort out something, but if the army can't do it then the RAF will be in the same position. Although I do think we will be able to muster up some personnel between the services to aid with the re-fueling.

I'll do some digging.

Asked Sandy about the RAF doing it and he said he may contact one of you guys? He is at RAF Henlow and there must be 30-40 Land Rovers in the MT section that have not moved since he has been there!!, which is very much different to the Army as it is a struggle to get hold of any? Maybe the manpower could be a joint venture certainly worth getting your heads together?

Good Luck

By the way your team member on the Beta had some fair crashes :wall:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way your team member on the Beta had some fair crashes :shutup:

Don't we know it!!!! Did you see the state of his bike on sat afternoon???? Footpegs bent 45 degrees back and down, the end cap blew off the exhuast, which then emptied it's self on the road up to pipeline, so after the carb he had a large empty been can!!!

Fair play to him tho he has only been riding for a year, and he sure as hell gave everything a go. And he finished, Well done dave :wall:

Construction companies frequently have bowsers. Usually for diesel though. Might be worth a try. Perce and Dabster might have some contacts :wall:

I doubt if Ron Amery (Amery roadworks) is still around but he was keen trials rider in his day.

RAF: perhaps our resident Sqdn Ldr (rtd) is not without influence? Speaking of the RAF, where is Boofont?

Edited by TooFastTim

Can anyone supply us with a formal Risk Assessment for refuelling 'in the field'? I should think the army and the rally teams have them.

This would also help to identify potential issues when approaching possible helpers.

Don't we know it!!!! Did you see the state of his bike on sat afternoon???? Footpegs bent 45 degrees back and down, the end cap blew off the exhuast, which then emptied it's self on the road up to pipeline, so after the carb he had a large empty been can!!!

Fair play to him tho he has only been riding for a year, and he sure as hell gave everything a go. And he finished, Well done dave :wall:

Good on him, Dougie said at Lochs Wood when walking the section with your man on the Beta ready to have a go ''Wait until he has been through as the section will change! I sure hope he can fly a plane better than he can ride that bike'' :shutup:

Can anyone supply us with a formal Risk Assessment for refuelling 'in the field'? I should think the army and the rally teams have them.

This would also help to identify potential issues when approaching possible helpers.

Danglybitz' (Sue Hayes) husband is in the Health and safety business and could probably help out with risk assessments and the like.

Good on him, Dougie said at Lochs Wood when walking the section with your man on the Beta ready to have a go ''Wait until he has been through as the section will change! I sure hope he can fly a plane better than he can ride that bike'' :wall:

Yeah think him and doug had a good laugh during the week, or was is just doug having a good laugh at him!!!!!

Doug told him at the award presentation that he should start his own trials training centre and call it "SHOVE-IT TRIALS SCHOOL" :shutup:

Glancing over the front pages these past few days I've noticed a lot of charity work surrounding the SSDT?

Obviously if the SSDT goes down, these charities to not gain any funds from riders/the club. I figure this could be a very persuasive point in obtaining support from the big oil companies - what with all the bad press around fuel/oil companies these days, to help out the charities is something I don't think they'd ignore - maybe even a persuasive issue for the Army?

What about contacting the manufactures? They're all pretty big names in the world of motorsport and may have a lot of influence and long relationships with oil companies.

Glancing over the front pages these past few days I've noticed a lot of charity work surrounding the SSDT?

Obviously if the SSDT goes down, these charities to not gain any funds from riders/the club. I figure this could be a very persuasive point in obtaining support from the big oil companies - what with all the bad press around fuel/oil companies these days, to help out the charities is something I don't think they'd ignore - maybe even a persuasive issue for the Army?

What about contacting the manufactures? They're all pretty big names in the world of motorsport and may have a lot of influence and long relationships with oil companies.

I think the hole in the local economy is more relevant should the event not run, has the problem been discussed with local community leaders?

I personally think the logistics side of things is the easy part and could be done without too much trouble. Where there is a will there is a way........

What the stumbling block is surely the "licence" to carry fuel around and the insurance to do so???

Another source of tanks to buy or rent - Garic They are very innovative and I'm sure would have ideas on how to get round safety problems.

Bury based so Jake can pop round and see them.

I do have a good In to them if necessary.

What about approaching the Forestry Commission, you presumably have some relationship with them already with regard to land access? They are both experienced with and tooled up for refuelling "in the field" . At first glance they appear to tick at lot of boxes.