Great Lakes June 8th!

sam

Some of the sections will offer some bigger than usual obsticals for the exp and adv lines...weather permitting. But don't fear, we still expect all to be able to ride them and have fun. We expect a good turn out despite the threat of rain and hot weather.

JimG Posted Today, 04:40 PM

Some of the sections will offer some bigger than usual obsticals for the exp and adv lines...weather permitting. But don't fear, we still expect all to be able to ride them and have fun. We expect a good turn out despite the threat of rain and hot weather.

It is always a great event at the Great Lakes Property. Beautiful place to ride, nice long loop to cool the head between sections, Sections are always laid out well and challenging. Some of the obstacles look scary but after you ride it the first time you think "That wasn't so bad, rides allot better than it looks."

OK just for the record I ALWAYS have fun no matter how I ride. I am in my own little world. (Who else wears shorts and has "highway pegs" on their Sherco)

I just gotta work on 2 things:

downhill logs.

giving enough gas to get up onto those "bigger than usual obstacles" and getting used to the idea of "hitting" the front tire on the face of the obstacle. For example the barrel in Section 8 at the Windsor event.

Biff, what was in Windsor, you 'dnf'? Did you drown in that nice creek?

Zippy, you're like me, just I don't need a log downhill to cause any problems :banana2: and you got my email regarding "a bit wet and muddy"

But back on topic, I remember the Great Lakes event as challenging but rideable sections and a nice loop...

Even though I'm not that fond of 10 feet splatters... unless it's 10 mouse feet :thumbup:

WOW,

That was some wild weather! :wall:

4 stroke Kris and I, navigated the road back to pits, the whole time I'm thinking falling timbers!!!!!!!!!!

The big obsticals no problems, its the silly little techiqual sections that get ya everytime. :huh:

That weather was something all right.

I am quite pleased that I made it on top of most of the BIG logs, I think there was only 2 sections I just could not make it through but the rest were 3's until the rain came. Sam you is right about the technical getting ya, what got me most was turning and trying to go up the slippy hills. I discovered I could push the sherco up the hills using the edges of my boot soles to dig in like steps, Very tiring.

When the rain came my first thought was "No big deal I gonna get wet," 3 seconds later it was "hey it got DARK in these woods!"

As always lots of fun. :wall:

glad to see you guys there, sorry about the rain. that was kind of scary for a bit. but you gotta admit Zip you rode my section best (section 3)even with the muddy ditch you were in and out of all day. see ya at the next one, tim

it is always difficult to lay out an event knowing rain may strike. We really do put allot of work into the events and it is a shame when the weather goes bad like it did.

Personally I think the heat was more of a factor than the slick conditions. The ones with the positive attitudes seemed to be getting good 2nd laps in and told me they thought it was only getting easier. They just had to go slow due to heat and then the rain came.

Those that complain from the start make it very hard on themselves to enjoy the day. I personally do not think it should be expected to drop under 10 points per event but some seem to have grown used to it? Weather is hard to plan around when your sidtting on Clay!

We really try to have a open "National style" section layout. In most sections it is not necessary to hop at all. If you can hope it may better your line but it is not necessary.

Lets hope for better weather for the fall event.

We would of had some very low scores if the rain did not hit. Those that only had 2.5 to 3 laps in really were hurt with the extra points in 5's.

It's not the heat it's the humidity........LOL :(

Yep the heat got to me more and whipped me out.

Now that you mention it the sections were pretty open not alot of hopping.

I would love to drop less than 110 pts in an event HAHAHAHA

I am not sure if the "extra 5's" on my card would have been much different if I had time to finish. :D

I do think that the ground was drying up in spots as the day went on.