Forum Rules

mattylad

Andy,

Is it possible to see the forum rules only once?

I.e. they appear when openening a section and then again on an individual thread.

Each time I have to scroll down before reading the text.

Alternatively can I acknowledge I have read and understood and then they remain hidden.

Thanks.

Andy,

Is it possible to see the forum rules only once?

I.e. they appear when openening a section and then again on an individual thread.

Each time I have to scroll down before reading the text.

Alternatively can I acknowledge I have read and understood and then they remain hidden.

Thanks.

couldn't agree more - they really bug me :wall:

It's a bit annoying but not as much as the photo galleries - I can't be a***d clicking through the pics one by one, scrolling down to see the pic, clicking next, scrolling down etc. etc.

I've mentioned it to that daft Jock with the scratched car but he keeps telling me to **** off :wall:

Calls himself a web geek too, I reckon he doesn't know how to change it!

It's a bit annoying but not as much as the photo galleries - I can't be a***d clicking through the pics one by one, scrolling down to see the pic, clicking next, scrolling down etc. etc.

I've mentioned it to that daft Jock with the scratched car but he keeps telling me to **** off :(

Calls himself a web geek too, I reckon he doesn't know how to change it!

He paid money for that so getting him to change it might mean crossing his palm with silver! Does it annoy you enough to pay to get it changed :D

p.s. It could do with an upgrade to be honest. Ideally something that works with Piclens . I put this on Michael Brown's & Jack Challoner's sites and its pretty cool - get the plugin for firefox and you all set up :D

Oh ye of little faith. You think I ignore everything said to me.

The next version of the Gallery software which is currently in Beta testing features a "lightbox" which will open the images inline, on the same screen and without any scrolling. As soon as it's completed Beta testing and goes GA then I'll be using it (and yes - i will pay for the upgrade :D).

As far as the Forum rules goes, they stay. There is barely a day goes by when I don't have to move topics from here to where they should actually be. Why people can't take notice of the red writing is beyond me, but for some reason the desire to post overtakes the desire to actually read before posting. :( It's a minor inconvenience to have to scroll a little.

Oh ye of little faith. You think I ignore everything said to me.

The next version of the Gallery software which is currently in Beta testing features a "lightbox" which will open the images inline, on the same screen and without any scrolling. As soon as it's completed Beta testing and goes GA then I'll be using it (and yes - i will pay for the upgrade :D).

As far as the Forum rules goes, they stay. There is barely a day goes by when I don't have to move topics from here to where they should actually be. Why people can't take notice of the red writing is beyond me, but for some reason the desire to post overtakes the desire to actually read before posting. :( It's a minor inconvenience to have to scroll a little.

I'm with the boss on this one, the number of wrong posts made on this forum outnumbers any other.

Hey - I've just noticed there's some red writing at the top of these posts :(

Gotta be honest, I think I may have read some of it in the past, but don't think I got to the end of it .

How about an abridged version - bullet points that people might actually read:

Is your post about:

Specific brand of bike? Use the bike specific forum!

Where to ride in UK, UK insurance, or anything else UK based? - Use the UK section!

Boots, clothing, handlebar height, oil ratios etc - basically anything "general" and not country/bike specific and for ALL riders, regardless of location? - You're in the right place!

P.S. Are we in the wrong forum here? :D

Edited by bikespace

Whilst Overthehill makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information contained in the documents stored, served and accessed by this service, this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for formal advice from the originating bodies or departments of the Originator and its partners.

Overthehill, his employees and agents will not be responsible for any loss, however arising, from the use of, or reliance on this information.

This post ("this publication") is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this publication is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it. Overthehill assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this publication or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this publication.

In no event shall Overthehill be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this publication or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this publication. Files available to download from this post have not been scanned for viruses, and we can take no responsibility once downloaded and we recommend scanning the file before opening.

This publication could include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the publication. Overthehill may make improvements and/or changes in the post or facilities described in this publication at any time.

Should you or any viewer of this publication respond with information, feedback, data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like regarding the content of any Overthehill publication, any such response shall be deemed not to be confidential and Overthehill shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the response to others without limitation. You agree that Overthehill shall be free to use any ideas, concepts or techniques contained in your response for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing and marketing services incorporating such ideas, concepts or techniques.

This publication is distributed internationally and may contain references to services that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Overthehill intends to make such services available in your country.

Ok we will put up with it I suppose - but so long as we can all do it :(

The next version of the Gallery software which is currently in Beta testing features a "lightbox" which will open the images inline, on the same screen and without any scrolling. As soon as it's completed Beta testing and goes GA then I'll be using it (and yes - i will pay for the upgrade :)).

I've been playing about with the beta version of the gallery software. TC Supporters can get a preview of the changes with this sample of the first 25 photos from France by clicking here.

I'm aware there's a problem with Internet Explorer and the advert at the top of the page where the Ad appears on top of the photo. Firefox is fine. I've got a fix for the IE thing, but am still in France waiting to fly home and can't work on it right now.