Trials Forum

hensley

Looking back the last couple of years there is hardly any talk any moreabout trials. Very little about upcoming events nationals ect Trials comp is gone Mctrials is dead and this forum seems to have the political crap and bull that Lane used to put out without a lot of trials imput. Im not against tring to be funny but what happened to talking about trials.

Next question do trials forums help the sport or hurt it? If it hurts it what can be done to change that?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we as a "internet trials community' talk about trials all the time on this and club forums. And, there's tons of lurkers too.

It's just everyone here wanted their own little section of the forum it's spread out now to be more topic specific. That's what they request Andy to do all the time. When I comment about the trials we're doing in the World Championship level, some topics draw 3000 and 4000 reads - and 100's of comments. Ishy chats SSDT and they too draw huge conversation. People wanting to know about a particular bike go there. I read your guys threads about the new youth movement. And Mark, he's all over the board.

Feelings get hurt on the forum once-an-while. But the forum itself doesn't hurt trials. For me, it's made the world trials scene a better place. Like Honda's old advertisement went - the same could be said for Trials Central forum users. "You meet the nicest people on Trials Central....." And I'm not just saying that cause Andy's one of my EnduroCross sponsors. LOL.

Edited by City Trials

Yes--Lane added much to this forum, it is for entertainment isn't it, also he did have some good suggertions as the 125 class (which some went nuts over).

Also there seems to be more interest in endurocross than conventional trials! :(

Edited by trialsurfer

I'm a noob here but I have rode trials on and off for over 25 years, the economy has really put a pinch on most series style events, I expect a more regional style national will be in our future, but I'm really not sure what you mean abought folks not talking abought trials on this forum, this is the most trials related web site that I know of these days.

the Lane you speak of, would that be Lane Levvitt?? did he get ousted or something? I wouldn't mind hearing his input.

we are all ambassadors of our sport, personally I found this site to be friendly and supportive of our sport, a public discussion forum is just that, every one has their own oppinion and it is just as valid as the next one, even if we don't agree

Edited by MotoVintage

Disclaimer: Lane's been a good friend to me over the years and has offered lot's of advice that's translated well for me. Lane can no longer defend himself here when people talk negative about his brash style. Some people really dislike him and I can understand that. But I don't. Call me a knuckle-head if you want, but I value Lane's friendship and trials knowledge. I will continue to seek out his controversial advice.

Now. Long story short. Lane's banned, but still lurks. Lane is always open to help any trials rider with questions. No matter what level. Instead of looking for his wit and wisdom on the forum, I just call him on the set. Most of you may not be able to get away with pulling a big-wig hollywood stuntman designer/director from the middle of a dangerous stunt, so here's the next best thing. Email him. Title it - 'Banned from asking Questions to Mich Lin on Trials Central'.

Leavittation@stuntrev.com

Oh, and you can stop by and say "hi" to Lane it the first round of the EnduroCross series over the fourth of July weekend. He's been mentoring a major stunt guru named Monty Simons to give it a go. Looks like I'll have some competition in the new trialscross class.

Edited by City Trials

Trails Forms Hurtful?

Lane or no Lane..... I never really gave him any real internet credit and I doubt that he would give me much trials credit. (Not a fan nor an enemy) Be that as it may. My life is trials. Sure i have a job that has become hectic as crazy. Had to mow the lawn and paint the garage this week. My car needs an oil change but i am not out there doing it.

Instead i worked on the gasgas. Clean the air filter.... Contemplated replacing the grips that have really done me well. Bled the rear brake because i had an incident at my last event. My girl friend is coming out from Buffalo this weekend and i told her about an event we are having. I offered her to come along and ride. (It will be her first event and she is super psyched) My 76 year old father is back in Syracuse and will be riding with my present land lord in an event out there this weekend. On friday i have a company picnic and right after that my roommate/coworker and i will be riding our gasgas's on the north side of Detroit for a couple hours until my girl friend arrives. The only reason why I landed on trials central tonight was to wish one of my best friends/trials buddies a happy birthday. (Tell him he is old for me in anything goes). We had a lot of mud at the last event and i really enjoyed that part. They also had a splatter wall that i never made up and wish i could go back to try it just one more time. My incident cost me several points but i over came and worked past it.

Now place yourself in the Pits on Sunday...... Could you see me or some one at your local events telling you a story about their week? Could you also see me or some one else telling your about how they were disgruntled that they could not finish the previous event because of someone or something? I roll my eyes at those people because i didn't come here on this Sunday to hear about how you have been wronged in this world.

I personally come to find myself on the internet regarding trials in waves. During the summer I mainly come when i am not on the bike. If an event is coming up or if i want information regarding nationals or world rounds i am here. (selfish but very valuable to me personally) During the winter months i am here because i physically can't be out there most of the time. (bummer of living up north)

I don't come to the internet to find people who want to vent about someone or something who prevented them in their lives. I once had a post about my national trophy that had an error on it. My orginal intention was to have a shoulder to lean on but i found through some harsh remarks that it came across as airing dirty laundry. Thus the problem with this form of communication.

Which brings me to my point.... (damn Biff your long winded) This website absolutely rocks only if you use it for its intention. Its intended use is for trials people to come together in a trials setting more than the saturdays and the sundays during the year. This place is the virtual Parking Pits for any day of the week. I only spend a couple of hours in the real pits at any given event and i love every second of it. Trials is not fun when politics are involved non related to trials and sometimes is not fun when the trials politics need to be addressed. Same thing goes for the real Pits! If you want the sport to grow then show others why you are doing this.

Last week i showed a newbie around the loop at their first trials.

This week I am doing this to show the love of my life why I ride trials.

Next week i will find another reason to ride trials.

Thanks for your time.

--Biff

Hensley,

I agree, at one time it was hard to keep up with all the threads going at one time. But now it's pretty easy. But we don't need a lane to stir stuff up.....aw nobody cares what we think! Besides we don't no nuthin. I love to inject my lack of wit in a thread.

The biggest deal is just getting people to post. If you have a topic, post it and we'll all fire away, worst case we're banned and can only lurk.

Hi Kramit,

My brother had a Kramer monoshock Maico in 75, a 250 square barrel. I've got pictures somewhere. He was stationed in germany, I think he said he went to Kramers house?!?

Edited by paul_thistle

bilc0 Posted Today, 03:58 AM

QUOTE (biffsgasgas @ Jun 19 2008, 02:47 AM) *

Thanks for your time.

--Biff

Biff you owe me 5 minutes of my life back.

For god's sake bring Lane back. smile.gif

Damn you read ssssslllllllloooooowwwww!

I imagine the short bus took you to school.

Hey is that Lane enough for ya?

Damn you read ssssslllllllloooooowwwww!

I imagine the short bus took you to school.

Hey is that Lane enough for ya?

Hahaha.

I started out ok with it then i quickly fell into depression,hence 5 minute's,felt like a life time.

All he had to say was "B*****ks to it".

The hole reason I got interested in TC was the fun reading between Lane, Alan and a few others. I would come home and jump on the computer just to see what they had to say next. Now Lane is gone, Alan doesn't post much and there's no excitement.

The down side to the fun though is the new person that comes in and is looking for trials info. He sees all that going and thinks "those people are all messed up and not very friendly, I don't want to be any part of that" it defiantly makes the wrong impression.