British Experts

joandemma

Just got back from Nord Vue, where the Briish Experts trial took place, and I had a really great day. Graham Jarvis has sorted some awesome sections, blending natural areas of the quarry with manmade sections, and all sections were very challenging. Dougie won with Michael Brown second and Dabil third. Bit of a scare for us all when dougie tried section 13 on lap 2 ( which had 2 vertical climbs of about 12 feet) and failed to reach top of second one. His father was shouting about his injured eye while still holding onto Dougie's bike, looked like handlebar had hit him above the eye, when a medic eventually came there was quite a bit of blood to be seen good job it missed his eye.Not much of a crowd there today and all sections were easily seen and not too far to walk between them. Will be a cracking venue for the world round next year if it comes about, well done all invlved. B)

Absolutely fantastic day, what looked impossible was made possible, credit to Jarvis and his team. Sorry but my little mont 315r just got to go, I want one of those wall climbing machines.!!!!

What was good also that the clubman trials was on at the same time so there was always something to watch. What I spoilt it from a spectators point of view was that the Reeth 3 trial was on also which obviousley dragged alot more spectators away from the event. Plus there had been a big accident on A66 so there were lots of delays getting there.

Hope to see more of this soon, was inspiring.

Mal.

What I spoilt it from a spectators point of view was that the Reeth 3 trial was on also which obviousley dragged alot more spectators away from the event.

Tough, it was our date long before this & the arena trial came along. I'm biased but our Trial has to be the clubmans weekend of the year.

Amazing.... we all probably knew Dougie would win but Michael lost less than half the score of Morris!!! Who was there, were the sections that huge or was Michael on fire whilst Morris had a stinker?

Go Beta's :D

I was there observing on section 1 yes some of the sections were huge !!! extremely large rocks with very high drop offs, triple steps and extremely high and steep climbs not for the faint hearted !!! B) should have seen dibs fire his mont over a 12 foot gap from a standing start it was awsome certainly suprised me as all other riders dropped into gap and back up other side and just to show it wasnt a fluke he did it again on second lap, number 1 for biggest b---s, browny rode very well to beat Dibs and what i saw of Morris it looked like he was having a very bad day at the office, it should make a good venue for the world round but needs some variounce in the sections and they will need stiffening up by some degree to make it a truely world class event, also Graham Jarvis and the people behind him did a good job on Saturday in organising this trial, but it will show them that there is an awfull lot of work to be done at the venue for the world round to work as well as Hawkstone parc

Dirtbike-Traxs/jarvis Expert Trial,

From our point of view the event was a great success,we always knew there would be short comings and now have identified them,

machines are arriving on site next week to improve the sections and spectator viewing where there were 2 sections together they now will become a single section.

The lack of press release was due to the fact that I was tied up with the running of the National 2 day enduro at Kielder Forest and the obvious clearing up. by the time next may comes around for the world trial the venue will be spot on . john kerwin dirtbike-traxs

I find it incredible that people/promoters/organisations will go to such a large amount of trouble and expense to put on an event of this stature and then miss out on a huge amount of post-event publicity for the sake of a press release - or event write-up? This website has a global audience - not just National - and for a team looking at running and (presumably) publicising next years World round this was a golden opportunity to 'sing the praises' of the event/location/team etc.

We run much smaller club/centre level events, and I am well aware that it is the same few people who do the organising, laying out, taking down and doing the results etc, but in reality it takes very little time to do a short write up and include a set of results - and this event is the British Experts after all - not just some club trial.

Maybe the results will be in this weeks T&MX - and thus in next weeks cat litter tray - but if they had been on here they would have been read by a global audience and received the opportunity for comment and feedback? Missed opportunity I feel.....