Spare Rear Wheels

gasgasser

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My spare wheel started off fitting a pre 2001 Scorpa. I know someone with a big lathe & he remachined it to suit, basically 8mm was taken off the hub on the disk side & it also had to be machined this depth to take the bearings. Including buying new bearings the cost of all this was less than

If the wheels are the same why are the spacers different,02 & 03 part nos c255/c332 04 both c255, we are talking 250/290 by the way which have completly different set ups in some componants. They definately don't fit the gassers per se cos I measured them, young man. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Ishy, I think you must have a 2001 Sherco?. Up to 2001 the Mont & Sherco and Beta & Talon replacements were interchangeable (with different spacers) but after that they all got wise. I've just been checking and the 2003 Mont rear will not go into a 2003 Sherco s/arm, more's the pity.! :rolleyes:

I think it does have a 01 ? 02 front fender on it.

I always run the 2000 front fender they are stiffer and better to mount the mudflap on, but it was on the bike I rode in the ssdt so had to make do with whatever was hung on the garage wall.

The Mont wheel is the older style DID, but it fits right in.

Edited by ishy

Any idea of the year of the Mont wheel Ishy?. There's a 2003 Mont and a 2003 Sherco sitting in the shed and I've been measuring again. The sprocket to disc width is different and I'm certain these ones aren't interchangeable. A Mont type rim would be the answer to the leaky Sherco problems. Pity I can't fit one to the old Sherpa but the number of holes is different.