Youth And Womens Nationals To Fim Rules

telecat

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be the worst decision ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The British champs is probably the worst it's ever been and personally I believe it's all down to the rules, most of the riders don't like it and even the spectators are moaning that it is boring to watch cause people are just pushing there bike through for 3's due to the time.

Yeah I can see that it benefits the 1% or less of riders who go and do the world round but is it really worth it just for them select few.

Please don't ruin any more trials.

If all the terrain in the uk was like that of the scottish 6 day i'd be in favour of no hopping. But, down south the terrain we ride on is fallen trees, cambers and sprinkling a sweaty mud ;) ....modern bikes are so good even at below centre level course, hopping is now required to take marks off the better riders. Also, isn't hopping is an advanced skill? I say do what you want in a section you'll only lose marks for putting your feet down and hop till the cows come home you've 5 hours to ride the course....well done the ACU

Edited by spud

If all the terrain in the uk was like that of the scottish 6 day i'd be in favour of no hopping. But, down south the terrain we ride on is fallen trees, cambers and sprinkling a sweaty mud ;) ....modern bikes are so good even at below centre level course, hopping is now required to take marks off the better riders. Also, isn't hopping is an advanced skill? I say do what you want in a section you'll only lose marks for putting your feet down and hop till the cows come home you've 5 hours to ride the course....well done the ACU

As long as you're not behind a long queue of riders all taking forever to hop through a section which makes you late I suppose?

This is the best thing the ACU have done for years

There should only be one set of rules the FIM rules baring the scott,scotish six day manx and classic etc

At the first round of the YMSA Championship last year there was a vote on who wants FIM rules and every parent and rider put there hand up for this what does this say.

The ymsa dont have stop watches on section they just have an overal time limit and there are no problems at all with this

For this country to go forwards and bring the best out of our youth and to ride the same rules as the rest of the world this is briliant

This observing rule is nothing new. It has been used for a fair few years in a similar format.

Most riders and observers were glad to see the back of it when 'stop for a 1' was introduced.

Whilst 'stop for a 1' isn't perfect it was a fairly good compromise if observed correctly. Unfortunately the FIM chose to change the rules again and now we look like changing back again to match them.

Round my area a lot of clubs run no-stop whilst the rest run 'stop for a 1' mainly observing it correctly. I think most will go full no stop if 'stop for a 1' is not available.