No Spark Help

phonomenon

Hi guys,

Was out on my beta when all of a sudden it just died on me, Tried starting it but nothing there! Its getting fuel but no spark. My first thought was the Coil. Does anyone know how i could test it?? Is there anything else i should be taking into consideration?? Ive checked all the connections and they seem ok and it recently had a new spark plug. Any thoughts or ideas would be apreiacted!!

Cheers

J

"Hi guys,

Was out on my beta when all of a sudden it just died on me, Tried starting it but nothing there! Its getting fuel but no spark. My first thought was the Coil. Does anyone know how i could test it?? Is there anything else i should be taking into consideration?? Ive checked all the connections and they seem ok and it recently had a new spark plug. Any thoughts or ideas would be apreiacted!!"

Dougie L, is that you - how did you get internet connection out on the moors above Richmond.

If it will start after say an hour,it could be the stator.If it wont run at all,could be an electrical fault somewhere.You need to find out if the stator is ok.I dont know how this is done other than trying to start the bike later as mentioned above.

Hi guys,

Was out on my beta when all of a sudden it just died on me, Tried starting it but nothing there! Its getting fuel but no spark. My first thought was the Coil. Does anyone know how i could test it?? Is there anything else i should be taking into consideration?? Ive checked all the connections and they seem ok and it recently had a new spark plug. Any thoughts or ideas would be apreiacted!!

talk about deja vu!!!!! same happened to me this weekend!

Hi,

make sure you have a good connection between the spark and the spark plug, If the connection is ok, I would go for a stator plate.

Be careful in buying a stator plate, make sure you are only buying the coils not the whole set.

And avoid using the stop button in the future, it will save your stator.

Still no answer, I have tested the stator and its giving out power to the regulator but still no spark! Today i fitted a new ignition coil hoping that it would solve it but still no sucess. Does anyone know what each colour on the stator is meant to do?? also could the regulator be causing a problem???

J

Hi

Yeah i called Motoplat and he told me to get a multimetre and put the green and white on the leads, He said that i should have a reading of at least 400ohms which i do! So god knows whats going on. BUT since nothing makes sence i have decided to take the stator out to see with my very eyes that its ok! Will let you know how i get on

J