Trials Around Oxford

thespikeyone

Hi folks,

Looks like I am gonna be moving to the oxford area (either wallingford or walters ash, just north of high wycombe) in the early part of next year and I was wondering if there was much going on down that way? In lincolnshire at the moment I can pretty much get a trial every weekend (travelling an hour and a half max), is it the same down there? Is there any road trials at all?

Cheers in advance

Spike

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good trials and clubs around Oxford or a short trip along the M40/A34 almost every weekend.

North berks Club at http://www.northberksmcc.com/ have a club series and host a Novogar round and a Sammy Miller series round. Very active club and some very talented members. Good evening practice sessions at Seymours Arena in sumer.

Oxford Ixion at http://www.freesitesatxdm.co.uk/oxfordixionmcc/ also have a good club series with one of the best locations at Lower Riding.

Further afield are good clubs at Swindon, Wycombe, Hillingdon and Basingstoke.

Not many rocks around Oxfordshire (except the concrete ones at Seymours Arena) but expect steep wooded slopes, streams and slippery sharp turns on logs and roots.

Welcome to Oxfordshire!

Not many road trials in the South Midland Centre, but from where your looking to be based you can dive down into the Southern, or up into the Midland Centres. Midland have a number of road trials within 90 mins of Wycombe/Wallingford.

If you end up north of High Wycombe, you're not too far away from the likes of Bagshot Heath and Hungry Hill. North Hants MC and Thames MCC use that area quite a lot, some of the MOD land is brilliant!

But mainly its rubbish.

What was the point of that post? why do you think it's rubbish that is where i ride most trials and think its great, massive climbs etc. Why would the Talmag be held there every year if its Rubbish? Are you after "hoppy" sites then?

What was the point of that post? why do you think it's rubbish that is where i ride most trials and think its great, massive climbs etc. Why would the Talmag be held there every year if its Rubbish? Are you after "hoppy" sites then?

When you have ridden for the length of time and the variety of terrain that Jordi has then you would be as well qualified to state the obvious.

The talmag is held where it is because of the organising club?

the Talmag trophy trial is a big pre65 trial held on the MOD bit of land called Hungry Hill (by Tesco's in Aldershot). it's a great bit of land for pre65 trials, (i've been to almost every Talmag for the last 20+ years), but it doesn't look the most challenging bit of land for modern trials. sure i can see a great novice and inter route out there, but a hard inter and expert route would be really challenging.

but because the local MOD comand is keen on getting cash in, and land is hard to get in commuter land, it's (hiring MOD land) an easy route for a lot of clubs to put on event