Wrist Tendonitis

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi DF dubia!

Thanks for the heads up. Were you suggesting this for tendonitis or arm pump? Have you used it yourself... If so, please give us your thoughts. If you are selling the stuff.... I'M OUT!!! :(

I use it for tedonitis. I don't sell it. You can get it a some health food stores. Arnica is also good. For arm pump I make sure that I don't wear a watch or anything tight on my wrists. I also put electrolite water in my Camelbak.

Cheers

DFW

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. I managed to get rid of the tendonitis for a while with a combination of things, but I forgot to wear my wrist support last sunday and started to feel it flare up again, luckily only on the last few sections. So for anyone else suffering here's what I tried:

1. Wrist support. I got a simple stretchy velcro one that you can wrap as tight as you like. It left my hand free so I hardly noticed it. At the very least it keeps the wrist warm.

2. Lot's of ibuprofen to reduce inflammation! tablets and gel, before, during and after every time I rode, and initially regularly for a week.

3. Repositioned levers so that I'm pulling right on the end to get maximum leverage. I adjusted the bite point and reach and to slide it along the bar further had to loosen the banjo bolt on the line. Did the front brake too and can get quite a bit of extra force on the lever.

4. Holding my wrist in cold water for half an hour twice a day. After the initial constriction at about 10 mins all the blood vessels start to open up and the increased blood flow helps healing. Try it! your hand will initially go white and then after 30mins will be bright red. I found out about this here: http://www.davemacleod.com/articles/coldtreatment.html

5. Regular stretching of the fingers and wrist, to increase blood flow and healing.

I think what I've got is a bit different to arm pump, but perhaps repositioning the levers and stretching while your waiting to ride the sections might help.

Gary

Go old school and ride like my Dad (he has been riding 50 trials!!) - no clutch used at all. Get the Jet set up right and learn a whole new way of riding, i was trying it the other week - its so hard not to go fro a little slip of the lever

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've somehow manged to get tendonitis in my left wrist from using the clutch on my trials bike

Gary

Hi Gary I have been suffering the exact same thing as you, for almost 9 months I have been in pain, but also the knuckle on my index finger has been in pain too :lol: I have been useing a bandage tightly wrapped around my wrist which has helped soo much, but i'll keep it wrapped up permanently until it heals itself.

I thought I was the only one :thumbup:

Go old school and ride like my Dad (he has been riding 50 trials!!) - no clutch used at all. Get the Jet set up right and learn a whole new way of riding, i was trying it the other week - its so hard not to go fro a little slip of the lever

only been riding 6 months myself but have suffered tendonitis in the past. found myself using the throttle as youve said without even realising. been told recently that its an old style but it works didnt do badly at all in my 1st trial last week so must be doing summat right

• 1 month later...

hi

glucosamine.

not sure if thats the right spelling, but it is good for sprains tenis elbow. tendons etc. you get it in any health food store. it comes in a tablet form. it just helps bones and tendons mend themselfs. good luck .

hi

glucosamine.

not sure if thats the right spelling, but it is good for sprains tenis elbow. tendons etc. you get it in any health food store. it comes in a tablet form. it just helps bones and tendons mend themselfs. good luck .

Have you tried it yourself ???

I looked it up, and it seems that it is good for cartilage and bones..... But not for inflammations in tendons, wich is what tenniselbow is.

I have BIG problems myself with tenniselbow and inflammations in shoulder and wrists.... So want to find something that REALLY works !!!

• 1 month later...
hi

glucosamine.

I have used glucosamine for years with great success for sore knee joints but I don't think it does anything for tendonitis. My wrists and forearms are killing me from the combination of working construction and riding. The job must go!

Edited by canadianstrom

Been suffering now for a few weeks, quite surprised really with me being only 14, but I suppose anyone can get it... Its developed at a tremendous rate over the past three weeks to the point where I ended up having my wrist imobilised by the hospital, the pain's really really bad today so thought I'd pop in here :D

I found getting a weights constriction glove, york fitness do one available from argod for

Edited by shercoman2k8

Been suffering now for a few weeks, quite surprised really with me being only 14, but I suppose anyone can get it... Its developed at a tremendous rate over the past three weeks to the point where I ended up having my wrist imobilised by the hospital, the pain's really really bad today so thought I'd pop in here :D

I found getting a weights constriction glove, york fitness do one available from argod for

Ive got my first trials related wrist injury about a week and a half ago, the trouble is i havnt even ridden the bike yet!

i was manouvering it around the garage and obviously pulled or twisted my wrist in the wrong direction.

ive never been so frustrated with motorcycling! i cant wait to get out on the bike and try it, but i just cant even consider it yet as my wrist is healing so slowly.

might try those supports from Argos, they look pretty good for the money.

Andy.