Ty250 Mono

wobblieb40man

hi, I know this has been discussed before, but, I can't seem to find any info. Has anyone got any ideas or managed to convert a mono into a usable twinshock? I know it's not eligable for anything, but I don't what to do with it. It's not worth anything and I can't see it would any different from from the current crop of late twinshock's around at the moment.

Be worth even less if you convert it.There are lots of air cooled mono classes now,they are worth a reasonable sum if not "farmered". Plus its seen as cheating by people who ride proper twinshocks.

I absolutly aagree with jon v8,here on the continent they will let you not ride in a classic event with a converted mono in the Twinschockclass.I think it is unfair to everybody who is on a propper Twinschock.Where is the limit.Aircooled RTL coverting or brand new Scorpas(Yams).Keep it as it is and go into the Aicooled Mono Class.

Chrs:Mike

hi, I know this has been discussed before, but, I can't seem to find any info. Has anyone got any ideas or managed to convert a mono into a usable twinshock? I know it's not eligable for anything, but I don't what to do with it. It's not worth anything and I can't see it would any different from from the current crop of late twinshock's around at the moment.

Heres an idea,why dont you try shoe horning a 4RT donk into your B40 cos that would make a really nice twinshock too woudnt it :rotfl:

Twinshocked Yam monos has been done to death!!!!

• 5 months later...

What the **** is going on here - 'Modern twinshock' conversions.... Rubbish..!! There is no such thing, they are just monos with twinshocks stuck on. How have these got any relevance at all to a twinshock class, or just forget the class, any relevance to riding a twinshock bike. These are nothing bikes, they never existed, so how can anyone have an interest in them. At the risk of repeating myself and others, the whole point of riding a twinshock is because it is a bike you enjoyed riding once and still have some affinity for, or wanted but couldn't afford at the time. If you have to create something to ride in a 'twinshock' class then you're missing the point - or just building a cheat bike to gain an advantage.

As for twinshocks costing in excess of

Be interesting to see what turns up at the Dartmoor 2 day this weekend,I didnt do it last year but I've even shone a torch at the breaker points on the TY this time....

Perhaps I'll moan loudly at any converted mono's whilst queueing for sections - never made any fuss before but I dont think its right.

Having recently bought a Majesty yam because I wanted to ride something that gave me a challenge to ride on the old style sections and at the same time I enjoy owning and fettling I could not agree more with woody et al, what is the point converting any mono, you might as well just admit that you are happy to bend the rules in any way until it is possible for you to win some crappy pot somewhere. ACU should have strict gudelines that any twinshock class is the same as the national championships i.e. as originally manufactured,

As a lot of you know i've got my views about converting monos to twinshocks and have voiced them many a time on this site.

Had a deep conversation with the local ACU man and i am assured that for next year the ACU will be sorting this out. Yeah right :D

The words couldnt run a bath come to mind. Allegedly they are going to stipulate to all ACU clubs "fitted with two shocks at time of manufacture" I could drive a double decker bus through that one and if thats the best the ACU can do then i dont know why they even bother !!!

What qualifies as "at time of manufacture"? If i build a frame tomorrow with twin shocks to take a TY, Fantic, Gas Gas, whatever motor then "at time of manufacture" it was fitted with twin shocks so is perfectly legal.

What constitutes "manufacture" ? How much of the old frame needs to be replaced to class the frame as of a new "manufacture" ?

Get real ACU. Why not ask somebody who actually rides or at least has a grasp on reality.

There are already air cooled monoshock classes so ride your air cooled mono however many shock absorbers is fitted in that class and just think how good it will feel to beat a real monoshock on your mega fiddle cheat bike :rolleyes:

If it's just about having fun like so many keep telling me and all about just riding your bike like the same keep telling me then whats the problem in handicaping yourself with twinshocks and competing in the class where your frankenstein creation really belongs?

Or were you really looking for that elusive unfair advantage? Nah surely not.

As for the ACU forget it they just take your money and contemplate their navel whilst sticking their heads up their corporate bottoms.

The genie is out of the bottle but with small entries will anybody have the guts to make a stand?

No thought not :)

Edited by Old trials fanatic