Rims & Spokes

tony27

Wondering if anyone knows of a site with the excel rims as fitted to monts & ragas available.

Sick of morads sealing issues & getting 4 sections into an event to have tyre come off rim after being perfectly sealed in the garage. ;);)

So far I haven't come across anyone but am contemplating respoking my sherco's wheel if cost is not too expensive

Edited by tony27

Wondering if anyone knows of a site with the excel rims as fitted to monts & ragas available.

Sick of morads sealing issues & getting 4 sections into an event to have tyre come off rim after being perfectly sealed in the garage. ;);)

So far I haven't come across anyone but am contemplating respoking my sherco's wheel if cost is not too expensive

you might find its the seal between the actual tyre and the rim thats leaking especialy on an older tyre. CLean the rim properly when you change a tyre, i find this helps

I have 2 rear wheels doing this, 1 has new tyre & the other has only just bneen turned although was giving issues beforehand. New rimtapes & stems fitted with everything clean but still problems, getting expensive this spending afternoon setting a trial then only managing 4 sections ;)

I have 2 rear wheels doing this, 1 has new tyre & the other has only just bneen turned although was giving issues beforehand. New rimtapes & stems fitted with everything clean but still problems, getting expensive this spending afternoon setting a trial then only managing 4 sections ;)

Stick a tube in it.

I have a feeling Dabster has some further insight on these rims, although I have never had one, with the basic rims they are fine if sealed properly. They even make a nwe type rimband that has the stem moulded in which is much nicer to deal with, yet the basic band sealing in the groove needs to be near perfect still, and if not will still leak. ;)

Mountain bikers have been known to poure PVA in to cure this problem. (available in B&Q builders yard in 5l containers)

You could also try Bead Paste, available from Viking Inernational, 5kg tub for

They also don't mind paying as much for a bike with no motor as we do for ours. Had a look at a kit they use to go tubeless on mtb's & found out it costs as much as a rear tyre for us & probably still wouldn't cure problem.

I'll give bvm a call tomorrow night our time & see if they can sent out 1 of the integral valvestem tapes to try but won't get to ride until my trip to states

They also don't mind paying as much for a bike with no motor as we do for ours. Had a look at a kit they use to go tubeless on mtb's & found out it costs as much as a rear tyre for us & probably still wouldn't cure problem.

I'll give bvm a call tomorrow night our time & see if they can sent out 1 of the integral valvestem tapes to try but won't get to ride until my trip to states

Its not a difficult job to seal a rim tape just needs a knack really. Its like your first cycle puncture, easy when you have done it a few times andknow what to do. Pal of mine had loads of tyres drop off the rim of a mont wheel and they can di this much more than morads. Spokes can be a pain too and need to be torqued really (

Its not a difficult job to seal a rim tape just needs a knack really. Its like your first cycle puncture, easy when you have done it a few times andknow what to do. Pal of mine had loads of tyres drop off the rim of a mont wheel and they can di this much more than morads. Spokes can be a pain too and need to be torqued really (