Nanny State.

jon v8

copemech Posted Today, 12:15 AM

Go put the ice on your porch so I can slip and fall! Nothing personal, I just need the insurance money! rolleyes.gif

See you in January! huh.gif

I look forward to your visit.

Can we do the slip and fall toward the end of your visit? Hospitals tend to put a damper on fun and lively conversation.

:guinness:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TooFastTim Posted Today, 05:38 AM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Oct 17 2009, 08:17 AM) *

Hospitals tend to put a damper on fun and lively conversation.

You're assuming Copey is "fun" & a "lively conversationalist".

I mean no offense TooFastTim, but I think we may have a different opinion of what is fun and lively conversation.

Mine tends to go in the direction of :wacko::D:wub::lol::guinness::rotfl:

(Drink Beer, Act goofy, drink Beer, Be stupid, Fall off things, laugh a** off about it)

Edited by ZIPPY

You're assuming Copey is "fun" & a "lively conversationalist".

I am not! I have a dry sense of humour and am a total unsocial introverted mechotechno geek! Too the extent that I absorb soo much digital data on a daily basis that I could puke!

I think Zippy has a better idea of quality time! :guinness:

One of my youtube subscribers posted a video about this the other day, but he's American... same difference, it focused on the fear driven into children these days, but also covered this topic.. Sums it all up pretty well I reckon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dE4UgY7lgI

Okay, maybe not... but still worth a watch!

Edited by shercoman2k8

One of my youtube subscribers posted a video about this the other day, but he's American... same difference, it focused on the fear driven into children these days, but also covered this topic.. Sums it all up pretty well I reckon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dE4UgY7lgI

Okay, maybe not... but still worth a watch!

Good stuff! Thankfully, I was born in a time that required skill sets! :guinness:

Good stuff! Thankfully, I was born in a time that required skill sets! :guinness:

Indeed, I was born to farming parents, in Wales before we moved up here. I was shooting 12bore shotguns when I was no older than 7 or 8, an driving farm vehicles at the same age, because it was needed... I was taught how to do it safely, and was told about the consiquences if I misused it. Yes, I was a bit weary for the first couple of times, but it became habit, and it was done safely.

I know kids, and even adults who are scared to even go in a car, driving or not driving... Im guessing it was because they were brought up being told that vehicles were dangerous things... Theres no point in teaching these so called "skill sets" if the person is already scared ****less of the thing.

Its like me with the trials bikes... I've been riding trials since I was five, and I was taught how to ride in a straight line, taught how to go round in circles, then told to go off, and practice what I like.. But I was told, if im stupid, or come off, its gonna hurt. So I did, I went off and practiced, and practiced how to ride over small areas of rocky terrain, with the rocks getting bigger as I progressed. Theres kids round here who are scared to even ride a pushbike, because they weren't taught the basics, and therefore never rode, and therefore never came off, so that fear of falling off is still with them... As soon as you fall off once or twice, you'd be fine, and would endeavour not to do it, but these kids... they wont even get on a bicycle to try.

Anybody see a connection between Nanny States and Obesity? I would go on about this, as I had to do a study for school, but I fear I may bore you.

Anybody see a connection between Nanny States and Obesity? I would go on about this, as I had to do a study for school, but I fear I may bore you.

Don't be afraid (like you said in your post :guinness: ),let's hear it..This is the Anything goes forum..I'm all ears.

HAM2 Posted Today, 10:35 AM

I'm all ears.

Would it be Politically Incorrect of my to refer to you as Dumbo? (The loveable Disney elephant with large ears that could fly)

Or should I say that you are auditorially gifted?

:guinness:

Took my boys to an indoor Mountain Bike park in the winter time and they LOVED it. Crashed a couple times, got that out of the way, and back up to go again. I was so proud when they crashed, said OW! and got right back up and hopped on the bike and tried it again.

Would it be Politically Incorrect of my to refer to you as Dumbo? (The loveable Disney elephant with large ears that could fly)

:rotfl:

Took my boys to an indoor Mountain Bike park in the winter time and they LOVED it. Crashed a couple times, got that out of the way, and back up to go again. I was so proud when they crashed, said OW! and got right back up and hopped on the bike and tried it again.

I wish I could still bounce back, but it seems to take much longer to heal now! Not that it all still works that well to begin with! :guinness:

Hey Cope or anyone else if you're interested in Mountain bikes or park style BMX and happen to be in Ohio check this place out. It is AWESOME!!!

Ray's MTB

Cope I understand the taking longer to heal, I now wear a knee brace when I ride, Damn Osteoarthritis. The brace helps hold the joint apart a little bit so the 2 ends of the bones don't slam into each other as hard. Actually works pretty good.

That's mighty fine 'cos my wife says that when I get drunk I do an impersonation of a 'baby' elephant :guinness: , you know trouser-pockets turned inside out etc...

HAM2 Posted Today, 10:39 AM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Oct 20 2009, 01:52 AM) *

That's mighty fine 'cos my wife says that when I get drunk I do an impersonation of a 'baby' elephant ohmy.gif , you know trouser-pockets turned inside out etc...

Next time tell her it is a 'baby' elephant in a petting zoo!!

:rotfl::guinness: