Sherco 2010 - Video

trialsuk

That was good thanks, helps you see it better seen as I didn't get a chance to go down :ph34r:

The air filter is very large, I suppose this helps the engine breath better? Aiding performance?

Are the handlebars different too? They seem to have a lot more rise?

Any predictions on deliveries of the 125s?

Wonder how easy it is to put fuel in as the filler looks shallow plus it will get cover in crap. Not to keen on the filter as anything facing upwards has to stop water draining down through it. My Beta always suffered from this design yet my GasGas gets loads of crap in the airbox but after 2 years as never have any get into the carb.

Any idea on the price yet.

It has an anti bubble pump running off the carb vac, so dosen't need a breather.

I think the design ideas and thinking behind it are fantastic. Certainly hasn't been thought of before.

Bike looks fantastic though, I'll certainly be going to test ride one. I assume there will be a 4T?

Lets see if we'll see one in the top 3 of world rounds. Shame there wasn't one running at the scott, that'll have answered any questions on mud getting places etc.

Why do sherco seem to think that it is a good idea to put massive holes in the plastic near the air filter??? From the looks of it the two holes at the top of the bike where the fuel cap would be seem to go straight down to the filter. Obviously the bike is going to need air but for goodness sakes!!

my old 07 was a pain in the *$$ because it was constantly getting water in carb, there is a massive hole on the left part of the "seat" that has to be taped up, not to mention the bit where the back wheel dragged water up to the mudguard/air box joint (the amount of silicone i needed to use to reduce the water flow into the filter compartment was a joke)... why not just make the plastic solid??? Perhaps that makes too much sense. That is one of the main reasons for changing my brand

The new design looks like it won

It has an anti bubble pump running off the carb vac, so dosen't need a breather.

Still can't get my head around this one??and what happens when the fuel vapour pressurizes when that full length silencer heats the tank up??.

Glad I'm not in the market for a brand new bike..well I wish I was..err ,you know what I mean.

What a negative bunch you lot are, at the end of the day we all can choose what we want to ride, none of you can say how the bike performs or how it will handle the rain and mud, if you don't like the design that's fair enough but you can't say how it will work, it will no doubt get it's chance in action soon enough.

I think the video shows the bike off better than the photo's did, and makes the bike look smaller.

It must have some sort of breather, you can't use a couple of litre of fuel without that space being filled with air.

Still can't get my head around this one??and what happens when the fuel vapour pressurizes when that full length silencer heats the tank up??.

Glad I'm not in the market for a brand new bike..well I wish I was..err ,you know what I mean.

This kind of system or similar has been used on model aero engines and also some modern scooters where the tank is below the engine. Usually uses a diaphragm operated by the pressure pulses in the crankcase. Sherco's system may be different though.

Wayne....