6 Day Reg No

Andy

This Ad on the TC Classifieds (I think 2 grand for a very tentative link to the SSDT is a bit optimistic!) reminded me...

Back in my early days with the SSDT there used to be a car (a burgundy Peugeot I seem to recall) there every year with the Reg No "6 DAY". Anybody know who owned it and what became of it as I've not seen either car or Reg for yonks. At the time i thought it the coolest plate on the planet!

I saw one about up there B3TA but not seen it in a while.

It's actually E3 ETA, made to look like BETA, I have seen it on a Subaru car recently up my neck of the woods.

The unfortunate thing is that if you "incorrectly space" a vehicle registration number it is an offense of course and you could be charged by the Police.

6 DAY need not be incorrectly spaced to have the effect desired! :) I cannot remember who owned that particular number and yes it appeared in the Fort William area every May at SSDT time, but I haven't seen it for many years now.

I own a variety of historic and "personalised or Cherished" registrations, none of which are illegally spaced! But I don't own 6 DAY...admittedly I'd like to, but I wouldn't pay a lot of money for the priviledge!

Big John

PS. having read Andy's link, I actually know the seller of that number and would say that the price is probably right, not seriously over priced in fact!

Edited by Big John

having read Andy's link, I actually know the seller of that number and would say that the price is probably right, not seriously over priced in fact!

Not a hope of 2 grand for it unless someone has more money than sense in the current climate. SCO 6 DAY is actually SC06 DAY if the spacing is correct, which as you correctly point out it has to be to avoid hassle. With the correct spacing it doesn't scan right and is worth no more than any other random 06 plate.

Kinell owned that B3TA number plate and I seem to recall he got pulled for incorrect spacing and had to correct it. I also know of numerous guys through the Subaru club who have been pulled for incorrectly spaced plates. It's not worth the hassle.

Absolutely right Andy, the spacing is the problem, also the Police are coming down harder and harder on incorrect spacing, it's not just the hassle factor, its becoming a fineable factor too, ouch! on vehicle registration number plates.

Not for me, all my plates are legally spaced on my road vehicles! I don't have any need to do otherwise!

Big John

Re the spacing of numbers.. I heard on the radio that if you get pulled for wrong spacing I think 3 times you can have the plate taken from you. I don't know if this has happened to anyone as yet as one fine would be enough for most, but there's no telling some folk.

I have 8011 PX on retention cert if any one wants to buy it. Apparently if you fatten the P to look like an 0 and squash it up it looks like..... well you work it out. Not my cup of tea tbh personal plates. I wouldn't give you 500 for the SCO plate but the 6 DAY number would be good if you are involved up there.

I'm sure DVLA will tell you if it is about.

That's Danglybits I guess. I think she bought it off Kinell.

You could be right, I'm not sure, but last time I saw it on a blue Subaru, a pal of mine, (a serving police officer in a different force, was with me) and said if he had been on duty he would have pulled the vehicle over and booked it on the spot!

Most of my private registrations are on motorcycles that were first registered as such and were not bought for the number but for what they were, motorcycles. I turned down a very good offer on a 350 AJS my Dad bought new in 1951, from a guy whose initials co-incided with the number.

He actually offered me

That's Danglybits I guess. I think she bought it off Kinell.

That's right, I sold the plate after getting a bollocking off the Police. I didn't get fined as I passed their 'attitude' test apparently (nice and polite and no back-chat) :) They told me the same as Bo Drinker says above, get caught a couple of times and you get fined, 3rd offence and the DVLA strip you of owners rights!

That's right, I sold the plate after getting a bollocking off the Police. I didn't get fined as I passed their 'attitude' test apparently (nice and polite and no back-chat) :) They told me the same as Bo Drinker says above, get caught a couple of times and you get fined, 3rd offence and the DVLA strip you of owners rights!

Man after my own heart, I was stopped more than once for mine.

I was stopped by a dog hand, my parting remark to him was now you can tell your mates "I pulled over a RC45"