Ryan Young Looks At The 2010 Sherco

john.b

Ryan Young has posted a video on youtube of him showing the new bike. He has taken Killers video a stage further in showing and explaining the fuel tank and fuel pump and air filter in more detail. He needs two attempts at describing the skid plate though. :thumbup:

Seems it is set up ready to take a Keihin carb as the Dellorto has a spacer on the airbox side.

EDIT. The link no longer works as the video has been removed from You Tube.

Edited by John.B

Talking about how the fuel tank will hold up, do you every see a split in the silencer on previous shercos? well surely it won't be any difference to the silencer?? just a thought!

Humm

My exhaust is just starting to form a crack at the top front mount....so makes one wonder how long will the new fuel tank will hold up.....2-3 years??? providing no serious crash damage.

Time to look for a Tig welder :thumbup:

Ive seen one in the flesh in bits and had a look at how its built and it looks very well built. In regard to filling the bike up with fuel there is an experiment being carried out to fit a hebo auxilary fuel tank and add a longer pipe to attach to the breather. This should eliminate how hard it is to fill up. I am really impressed that it takes 30 seconds max to change the filter! Thats my kind of bike! The bike does as stated above come with a spacer for the dellorto and actually fits the keihin better. I dont see why people are so negative about this bike. It looks so much better in the flesh than on pictures. At least it wont get as much crap in the airbox as the gasgas!

Patric stopped by the house with his 2010 friday night and stayed till sunday morning giving me a chance to take an in depth look at the new bike and it is well made. Took it apart to see how the new design is put together. A far as the gas tank I can see were it would be thought to be a problem but I had no problem filling it with a two gallon plastic gas can. You just have to take your time fill slowly and check often.

"I had no problem filling it with a two gallon plastic gas can. You just have to take your time fill slowly and check often."

Just like every other bike. Filling the Beta with a gas can virtually guarantees a spill so I don't think that's an issue. I'm sure the risk is there for gronking the gas tank but I wouldn't be too hasty. With the tank in back there's heavier metal then just the rear subframe/muffler combo. My guess is it's much stronger then the old setup and may actually prevent any of the muffler cracking problems. Looking forward to trying one if anybody lets me steal a ride.

I picked my 250 up today, did about 2 hours this afternoon...............All i can say for now is that i am glad i waited those few months for the sherco to go on sale, stunning looking bike, and very impressed with the ride, going out sunday and cant wait .....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the fuel capacity of the 2010, just wondering for the SSDT, if I will need to take the Hebo tank or not.

Hmmm, I thought I recalled something early on stating 3L, yet I cannot find it now. I think I would rattle Ryan's cage and get a test done, as it is critical! I think he has a bike on standby for testing, otherwise judjing from his last post RLracer may have one sitting there. He would tell.

:o