Toulouse Indoor

jordi

I was talking to someone about this yesterday and apparently the guy behind it is known for putting on a good show, but he does get money from local sources to help fund it - might be local tourist board or local government etc, but there is funding to help him.

I didn't make Sheffield this year because of the weather, but I did think when I got photos through from the event that I could have re-published 90% of my photos from last year and nobody would have been any the wiser. It's all too "samey". Year after year, same old sections. It needs variety and, as much as I dislike the French, I gotta take my hat off to the organiser of Tolouse for having a bit of creativity.

If there was a different theme at world Indoor rounds every year then folk would come, see something different from what they've seen previously then go home wondering what they'll come up with next year - making them want to come back. Given World Indoor round organisers have to pay hefty fees to the FIM for staging an Indoor round, getting bums on seats is what it's all about.

I was talking to someone about this yesterday and apparently the guy behind it is known for putting on a good show, but he does get money from local sources to help fund it - might be local tourist board or local government etc, but there is funding to help him.

I didn't make Sheffield this year because of the weather, but I did think when I got photos through from the event that I could have re-published 90% of my photos from last year and nobody would have been any the wiser. It's all too "samey". Year after year, same old sections. It needs variety and, as much as I dislike the French, I gotta take my hat off to the organiser of Tolouse for having a bit of creativity.

If there was a different theme at world Indoor rounds every year then folk would come, see something different from what they've seen previously then go home wondering what they'll come up with next year - making them want to come back. Given World Indoor round organisers have to pay hefty fees to the FIM for staging an Indoor round, getting bums on seats is what it's all about.

This is what I loved about the indoors years ago, great sections and new ones/themes each round, looks to me these days its the same thing but different venue

Totally agree on this especially andy's comments. If it costs promoters to run a round so much why not take on them selves and source local funding and trials business in uk such as importers, acu etc. Perhaps they do already. I know if it works why change it. Bums on seats dictate i guess. Does the event really need the tag 1st round of world indoor as i supect the riders would ride anyway albeit 10 of them as they ccould use the event as practice and lets be honest sheffield pulls a great crowd which the riders thrive on.

I guess the promoters can olny answer this. IF anyone knows the facts post a comment. Im sure mr lampkin and Co are making money as no way would this venture run at a loss year on year. Perhaps someone again knows this?

One thing for sure is i love the event a great time of year and if it stays the same i will still keep going. Would be nice to see change mind.

Isn't it the case with sheffield that they have very limited time getting the stuff in and out?

Since I live in the USA, that Indoor is insane. Id take the same thing round after round over here, as long as we had events, which we dont, maybe one a year. Indoor I think is a great way to get fans into the sport since they dont have to go hiking for hours to see people ride. I think adding a theme to the sections, especially as much as those pictures show is awesome, and I give a huge thank you to who ever set that up!!!!