Start Time Poll

tonyp

Start Time Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you think trials should start ?

• Earlier than 09:00
    • 09:00
    • 09:30
    • 10:00
    • 10:30
    • 11:00
    • After 11:00
  2. 2. Should a Trial start at the time publicised?

• Absolutely - if folk are late then it's their fault
    • No. We should be flexible and wait for those who are late/hungover

I voted 11.00, gives good amount of time to get to the trial even after a few beers the night before. may also encourage people to travel a bit further if they don't need toget up at the crack o sparras. I did intend to ride a trial today but it was 2 hours away and when the alarm went off at 7 I just thought sod it. I it was a bit later I would have gone.

Having a Teenager to crowbar out of his pit 11:00 is a sensible start time. Today we had a 10:30 start. I woke him at 9:10 and we didn't get going until 9:50 so we were chasing the clock! However we did get entered( Thanks Sue!!) and weren't the last entry. He also finished ahead of about 50% of the field and we were away pretty early.

I voted 10am for similar reasons to Pete-scorpa3, young family and like to get back early.....

And couldn't be like a lot of experts and take 3hrs for the first lap ! Lap 2 for me and most of the experts havent even got through the first section !!!!!

two of our local clubs run a summer series starting at 5:00pm or 5:30pm on a saturday night, (14 trials in the year) for me these are the best events. I dont have to set off from home until after 4:00pm so i spend most of the day with the kids and i can still be back home to take the wife out (blue moon) if she wants.

10am for sure. Most club trials here on the Isle of Man start at 10. It is a respectable time to start any club trial. I'm usually finished by lunch time, get myself home, wash the bike and usually done by 3pm. All done and dusted in one day, no need to leave it until the next day, or the next day or the next day!!

I can understand later starting times over in the UK for people who live a couple of hours away and i think if i lived accross the water i'd want a later start time, time to get up and get to the venue.

I would go for 10:00 as I am old and don't mind getting out my bed early.

Though I voted for flexible start,I wouldn't mind waiting for any latecomers.Some people may have to travel a fair distance.It gives you longer for a chat with some mates you may not have seen since the last trial.