Telford Bike Show 2010

hewson

went to the telford show a crackin day out pick up parts that i needed for my bike saw a load of nice trials bikes to view one bike i thought was a load of crap and a copy of the new sherco was the new greeves trials the way the staff were there around the bike they were well up they own a*** you would have thought that they made a product that would change the world it just seam s to me all they do all day is work in a design room taken idea s of other bike s they must be so good of a bike no magazine has done a review test on one and i dont think they could keep up with the others on the market myself i think they should call it a day and apply for a different job.......... i heard del boy is looking for someone to sell his copyed merchandise ...........

Sorry I didn't make it, was going to to go but changed my mind late last night. Wasn't actually looking forward to a drive from Dorset to Telford and back in a day and I had work to do. Work won over.

Keith did the Spanish contingent make it? Javier and carlos were going I'm sure.

Wayne.....

Sorry I didn't make it, was going to to go but changed my mind late last night. Wasn't actually looking forward to a drive from Dorset to Telford and back in a day and I had work to do. Work won over.

Keith did the Spanish contingent make it? Javier and carlos were going I'm sure.

Wayne.....

Not sure Wayne , but you missed a cracking day out ..........

went to the telford show a crackin day out pick up parts that i needed for my bike saw a load of nice trials bikes to view one bike i thought was a load of crap and a copy of the new sherco was the new greeves trials the way the staff were there around the bike they were well up they own a*** you would have thought that they made a product that would change the world it just seam s to me all they do all day is work in a design room taken idea s of other bike s they must be so good of a bike no magazine has done a review test on one and i dont think they could keep up with the others on the market myself i think they should call it a day and apply for a different job.......... i heard del boy is looking for someone to sell his copyed merchandise ...........

Apparently the Police have been looking for some punctuation theives after the show. Lots of people were running out of breath reading the show reports and it was deemed to be a danger to the public's health, anybody seen a comma :ph34r:

Tried to post this in the Greeves forum but was unable to,so... the New "new" Greeves, is it an improvement on what was unveiled last year at Telford?

It did take a hammering looks wise in the forums so any thoughts from those who went?

I enjoyed the show very much, so did my son David. Whilst I do not always see "eye to eye" with my friend Alan Wright, especially when he writes totally incorrect comments on the Pre-65 Scottish! He puts on a very good show and has to be highly commended for his efforts at Telford, here's to many more of them.

However, my biggest problem was seeing everything! I bumped into too many good friends and the chat took over, next year I will wear a fake beard so to be not recognisable and be able to see more bikes and parts!

An old friend, Bob Pearson of Bob Pearson Racing offered me his 350 trials CCM for

Edited by Big John
  • Like 1

Permissions were wrong. Problem fixed now :ph34r:

Many Thanks :ph34r:

QUOTE (Big John @ Feb 14 2010, 07:25 PM)

(Spent a long time with Richard Deal, Mick Andrews and Sammy Miller on the Greeves stand discussing the mark 2 edition.)

And?

Edited by jordi

Went to the show at Telford today, which was apparntly much quiter than Satiuday.

Fantastic selection fo bikes to look at to the point of visual overload. Perfectly turned out bikes from the exotic ex works to the 'mundane, but rare' models everywhere you looked. Brilliant

Now for the moaning!!

The mate i took with me to the show bought a bike in the main hall as we were about to leave at 1.00pm, but were told that NO bike could leave the building until the show ended at 3.30pm for security reasons!!

After our enforced 2 and a half hour wait, the door's were all simply flung open and hundered's of thousand's of pounds worth bikes were hurridly pushed out through every avaliable exit.

Not a single reciept or proof of ownership was either asked for or shown at any point. How did that help security??

Oh, and the worst food i've ever eaten!

Whilst I do not always see "eye to eye" with my friend Alan Wright, especially when he writes totally incorrect comments on the Pre-65 Scottish!

His comments in this edition of CDB, regarding riding more pre-65 events in Scotland, to improve chances of an entry in the pre-65 scottish, must be a good thing ?

Look forward to seeing him regularly!

• Like 1