Changes To Wtc Rules

Andy

As detailed here

• Time limit cut to one minute per section (from 1.5 minutes)
  • No walking the sections on the day
  • Top riders no longer last to ride. Bou will be first man away in Spain

I have my own thoughts on these, but what do others think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also no minders allowed in the sections !!! sounds like a lot of issues with running out of time or it will stop a lot of hopping and bopping in the sections, could make for a very interesting season, will be interesting to see how well the top lads convert to riding non-stop ?

hopefully the section builders will take this time limit into account and keep them realistic :rotfl: somehow i dont think so !!

Thanks Andy, I was thinking of making the 1,000 mile round trip to watch the British round at the end of June, but I don't think I'll bother now as I don't think this new version of top level trials has any relevance to what I do at weekends. However, you're much more likely to see me at the 6 Days.

Anything that makes the rides within a section flow more should help. Lack of gardening by minders and riders should help too. Could a top rider strategically send a load of loose material down a climb by spinning out at the top??

Lets see. :rotfl:

Will be very interesting to see how these new rules work out, I think cutting the time limit to 1 minute will speed the riders up a bit (depending on the length of the sections) possibly making it a bit more exciting for spectators. Not so sure about not being able to walk sections on the day of the event, looking forward to seeing how this works. In my opinion, whatever rules the FIM decide to run, the same few riders will still be at the top of the results sheet come the finish!

hey,

i find not being allowed to walk the sections on the day a stupid rule

on the level these boys ride you need to know 100% what you are doing and what is coming next or people will get hurt.

The 1 min for a section is no longer trials riding, trials was never about speed

best regards bob

also no minders allowed in the sections !!! sounds like a lot of issues with running out of time or it will stop a lot of hopping and bopping in the sections, could make for a very interesting season, will be interesting to see how well the top lads convert to riding non-stop ?

hopefully the section builders will take this time limit into account and keep them realistic :rotfl: somehow i dont think so !!

where does it say no minders?

so bou will ride every section first? I can't see that being acceptable to the top lads.

As stated above 1 minute is fine if the sections are mareked accordingly.

no rider inspection can't see the point of that and this will only help the riders, mainly bou and raga, who have more "minders". Raga has two connected by radio now so I expect more of the same?

Raga has two connected by radio now so I expect more of the same?

Apparently the Frenchie who should have been banned from Trials a long time ago will not be in attendance this year...

Thanks Andy, I was thinking of making the 1,000 mile round trip to watch the British round at the end of June, but I don't think I'll bother now as I don't think this new version of top level trials has any relevance to what I do at weekends. However, you're much more likely to see me at the 6 Days.

I think I will be at the British round rather than make the 1000 mile trip to the ssdt as I think watching the worlds best on the Ben should not be missed.

Maybe you're right Nigel, and the organisers do know what they're doing otherwise I'd worry that the sections could be like the Boulder Dash at The Tough One. I just don't like the time element being tightened up so much that the effect will be that we've come almost full circle back to no stop trials without the rules actually saying the rider can't stop. I'm not advocating no stop trials, but would prefer that to having a time limit that is likely to play into the hands of the top few.

Sucks to be a spectator. Why bother going to an event where you may see the top guys ride maybe 20 minutes total for the entire day if you run like hell to the next section. A little more if two sections happen to be right next to each other. Without walking the sections they'll be even faster through. When are these guys going to realize one of the main things that keeps the sport interesting to spectators is the variety of seeing multiple sections. Reducing the number of loops and cutting time in the sections as well as reducing the time spectators can see the riders analyzing the sections have all made the live sport boring even to other trials riders.

Welcome to the world of "short attention span" trials. I think it's time to stop worrying about the TV production logistics and start thinking about the what's important to the sport again.

Edited by Dan Williams