Here, Gas-people !

ham2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need an electric start trials on a trials bike? and whats that on the header pipe a catalytic converter?

very nice though..

I doubt there will be e/s on it if it comes out, think of all the gubbins that goes with it, and GG know the score. They probably modded a current chassis to fit the motor in and not sorted a blanking plate yet, of course they could have got one off a SCORPA. :rolleyes:

Moto >> News

Exclusive Gas Gas Four-stroke Trials 2011

Designed exclusively for the Japanese market the new prototype will be named the Randoner. Thanks to the foresight of Norihito Akiyama who is now the Japanese importer of Gas Gas motorcycles from the beginning of this year, Gas Gas are producing an entry level machine to help get bums on seats, Norihito was the Scorpa importer for many years. He requested that there was need for Gas Gas to develop a new multi-purpose four-stroke machine for the Japanese market and Gas Gas agreed. It has Yamaha's 125cc four-stroke engine which has been modified for the fitting of an electric starter for beginners and ladies. Akiyama has made arrangements with Gas Gas who will ship a prototype Randoner to Japan, and he'll exhibit it exclusively in the Japanese Idemitsu Ihatove event! It is also worth noting the popular ex world championship contender from many years ago Takumi Narita and his brother Ryo are currently riding under the Gas Gas banner. Takumi and Ryo along with their father Shzo will be taking part in this year’s Japanese Ihatove event at the end of this month.

Edited by bo drinker

"It has Yamaha's 125cc four-stroke engine which has been modified for the fitting of an electric starter for beginners and ladies. "

I ride like a beginner lady, maybe they can fit an electric starter to my 280 Pro for me......

Jon

Same engine as used in the Scorpa 125 4t. There is a market for this if priced right and more so the 200/163cc.

There is no market for this bike or perhaps Scorpa would still be in business.

Apart from mike rapley something like 5 years ago I have never seen one in a trial.

I won't repeat mikes comments on the bike as they were given probably on the assumption I would not repeat them.

There is no market for this bike or perhaps Scorpa would still be in business.

Apart from mike rapley something like 5 years ago I have never seen one in a trial.

I won't repeat mikes comments on the bike as they were given probably on the assumption I would not repeat them.

I regularly ride my Scorpa, last week there was another in the same trial. Get to Gloucester and there are a few at club trials. Quite sought after in the 175 version. I doubt it was the 125 that finished Scorpa. Granted you won't see them among the stop and hop brigade, not trendy enough. Always a market there, trouble is the pricing.