Bye Bye Cruel World

feetdown

After 10 years of fighting with leaking Carbs, blown Stators, Italian electrics & rear shocks, My loyalty has finally been killed off, and the ol' Wife Beta has left my garage for the last time.

Replaced with a bright red GasGas 250Pro.

3 events later and a good amount of practice sessions, Nothing to report, As in no problems, nothing, nowt, just a very good bike.

Of course time will tell but here & now GasGas all the way.

A big thank you to John Lampkin for always having the part required on my doorstep the next day & all his spot on advise, I'm going to miss our monthly phone call!

Wise move, had my Gasser 3 seasons now with no major problems. My 4rt was a cracker as was my 315, Sherco did me well and my Scorpa was a belter. Old TY had its quirks and my Fantic was reasonably reliable but the Rev 3 I owned for a year cost more in repairs than all of my previous bikes put together! Mateys year old Evo is giving him grief already! Sorry Beta lovers but if you want Italian fashion - buy a Belstaff !

GJ :wacko:

you must have been extremely unlucky I had a 05 rev3 for 5 years and only problem was stator now got 2010 evo and absolutley no problems, as for customer service you wont beat John Lampkin and Beta UK, I hope you have better luck with the Gasser and Shirty !!!

you must have been extremely unlucky I had a 05 rev3 for 5 years and only problem was stator now got 2010 evo and absolutley no problems, as for customer service you wont beat John Lampkin and Beta UK, I hope you have better luck with the Gasser and Shirty !!!

Lampkin is awesome, regardless of age of bike he'll do whatever he can to help and its done quickly with minimum fuss.

GOOD LUCK with Shirty for getting anything, at all, ever :angry: especially with his technically illegal 6 month warranty!

Lampkin is awesome, regardless of age of bike he'll do whatever he can to help and its done quickly with minimum fuss.

GOOD LUCK with Shirty for getting anything, at all, ever :angry: especially with his technically illegal 6 month warranty!

my god 6 months warranty !!!! :moon: if its anything like the old Scorpa importer (crosser's) it wont be worth bugger all i hope you like pulling the engine in bits regular as according to a rider i know he likes how the gasser rides but is sick of pulling the engine apart, and wish's he stuck with the Beta

I rode regularly with a Beta rider until a couple of weeks ago when he bought a 2011 gasser. The reason for the change was reliability. The beta broke more often than any other I've seen. Its a shame as Beta had a good reputation for materials and build quality. I don't know where all the anti Gas Gas stuff comes from I've always ridden gassers and the only problems I've had were self inflicted ones.

Feetdown, I hope you enjoy the new bike and maybe soon change your name to feetup.

Ive had new 01 02 03 05 Beta Rev3 and yes they always run but never that well. As for Mr J Lampkin then he is fantastic and goes beyond customer service, an amazing credit to Beta.

Well me Gasser runs way better and rides way better, however when it goes wrong it really does. I now have learnt how to rebuild the bike every little nut n bolt. Gas Gas provide next day and Mr Hipwell has help me rebuild my gearbox with his advice over the phone. Next bike GasGas 2011.

I guess its just pot luck at the end of the day.

Ive had new 01 02 03 05 Beta Rev3 and yes they always run but never that well. As for Mr J Lampkin then he is fantastic and goes beyond customer service, an amazing credit to Beta.

Well me Gasser runs way better and rides way better, however when it goes wrong it really does. I now have learnt how to rebuild the bike every little nut n bolt. Gas Gas provide next day and Mr Hipwell has help me rebuild my gearbox with his advice over the phone. Next bike GasGas 2011.

I guess its just pot luck at the end of the day.

:blink: :blink: ''Good bye cruel world''?...isn't that what someone says when they're so p155ed off that they're just about to top themselves?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Andy,where's the emiticon with the rope around his neck?