never seen the like of it before at a trial.

totalshell

the rider who rode wide of the section marker made no remarks gestures etc toward any of the spectators/ officials or other riders. he was not at fault.

i 'd agree that it was a tricky section .

it was perhaps 18 yards long starting on a downward slope crossing a sodden bit of marsh to get to a narrow stream crossing followed by a shallow bank out. At the point at contention it was approx. 12 feet wide, lines had been attempted across its full width, riders been what they are the took wider and wider lines but all stayed inside the flags as they passed them... bar one.

it was cleaned several times and fived just as regularly early on it took the odd dab but as the afternoon passed it became more difficult, having said that one of the last half dozen to attempt the section cleaned it..

Mick you are right and it was reported by several people before i got to the finish.. there was a queue! I beleive using this or any other forum to comment is legitamate on the issue. It was the only time I have seen this behaviour since i watched my firat trial in the black and white days of 1974 and is thus far from common practice and as such warrented comment before it becomes so.

Edited by totalshell

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well being a Classic trial that does surprise and depress me. The main reason i only take part in Classic events is up to now i have always found the people to be much friendlier and sporting neither of which would apply to this lowlife.

I suppose the best we can hope for is that the observer concerned and all other observers remember that in all walks of life there will be scroats and scum. Sadly they are filtering their way into our sport. I just hope it doesnt put observers off coming because we need them far more than we need idiots like the offender in question. It takes ages to cultivate an observer corps and 1 prat can destroy that in seconds.

I would definately have at least circulated his name to all local clubs in the same way that yobs have their details and photos circulated to our local pubs and shops. At least if he is stopped from riding at events he cant verbally abuse, or maybe worse next time?, officials riders or spectators.

He should crawl back into the gutter from whence he came.

on a similar (but opposite)note, i was at a local club trial yesterday, the section involved half a dozen tight u turns weaving in an out of a small bomb hole. 3 routes were marked so there were flags everwhere. A 12 year old lad managed to turn too tight and without noticing went the wrong side of one of the flags. He finished the section thinking he had got a rare clean to be jeered by his mate for missing the flag and getting a five. He immediately burst into tears... the mature lady observer (not related to the lad), then chastised his mate before giving the lad a cuddle, wiping his tears and pointing out the flag he missed.......... now if we could only carry that spirit over to the grown ups eh :lol:

Edited by alan

Careful people, if you name and shame on here and subsequently the Clerk of the Course decides to take action it would been deemed subjudice and the ACU (or equivalent) may be unable to take action as the case would have been in the public domain prior to any disciplinary hearing by the ACU (or equivalent).

It's all very well being judge & jury on an open website such as TC, but if the plaintiff was aware of all this discussion on here and he/she was to be named on here, then he/she would have printed it all out by now as part of his defense!

I'm not of course condoning any such actions as it definately brings our sport into disrepute!

Big John

I agree with Big John, whilst there would be satisfaction in "name and shame" on here, it cannot be tolerated at club level grass root sport. These people should be reported under Regulation TSR33 Offensive Behaviour and let the ACU deal correctly.

Regulation TSR33 Offensive Behaviour,

'Any rider reported to the CofC for arguing or being offensive to an Observer, or other offical, renders that rider liable to disiplinary action.'

I think if you read the small print it says...''...unless it's Laia Sanz''. :lol:

I think if you read the small print it says...''...unless it's Laia Sanz''. :lol:

Trials throughout the years have had its fair share of villians! remember bruno cammozi back at hawkstone park in 1996 (i think!) being rather rude to some observers. strange thing was he was a perfect gentleman at our section and when he'd fived it he just rode out and carried on. unlike some of the british riders who would swear to high heaven that they'd not dropped a five!

I was in the car park at the trial when someone had just come back from the said section saying that the lad riding the black DMW should been banned for his use of the English language. Then the rider just happened to arrive back. You can see just have quickly this incident had got back to the start. I believe that one of the pair passed a similar comment at a trial in the North East earlier this year. This trial was not run under the ACU. But AMCA

I was in the car park at the trial when someone had just come back from the said section saying that the lad riding the black DMW should been banned for his use of the English language. Then the rider just happened to arrive back. You can see just have quickly this incident had got back to the start. I believe that one of the pair passed a similar comment at a trial in the North East earlier this year. This trial was not run under the ACU. But AMCA

Well it's not the ACU's problem then, but I'm sure the AMCA will have similar disciplinary proceedures as it is bad for the sport, whoever is the governing body!

Big John