Mick, Malc, Mart and the boys

martin belair

Theme tune should have been Bob Dylan ...."Times they are a changin'.... Looking at them sections now how many of you are saying "I could have cleaned that!"

So then, has technology changed Trials for the better or worse? World Round sections from 1975 are on the easy route at Club trials today.

You're asking a good question there Perce, Tecnology good in so much as I at 60 years young can still have a go at sections like that, Bad for youngsters starting out on sections like this and only the exeptional riders meriting moveing on up the ability classes. We could buy bikes like those back then for

I'm going to shoot Perce and you chewy

for once can we have a positive thread

personally I like that if I had a tardis and took my gas gas 300, which I would never sell by the way, back to 1975 I would be world champion .

miserable old gits the pair of you

Stella forever

I'm going to shoot Perce and you chewy

for once can we have a positive thread

personally I like that if I had a tardis and took my gas gas 300, which I would never sell by the way, back to 1975 I would be world champion .

miserable old gits the pair of you

Stella forever

you'd never win, they'd have you locked up down the cop shop for wearing that yellow gay boy suit

Well , I watched the clip before reading the replies here and was going to state that it looked as though those sections would make a decent run for our hard line for the morning riders, myself included. For the Vet and SR class, we would probably have to add a split or two to increase the difficulty or they would all go clean. I may be getting old, but still after coming into trials a mere decade or so back, there are still many of the old gits here that have ridden stuff like that for 30-40 years now, and are still wicked riders. Kick my ass on any given day. No hopping or anything fancy. Just steady riders.

Trying to get points off these guys is like pulling teeth! And none want stuff TOO big, either, and for good reason, grumpy old lot.

I am spoiled by newer bikes, them old things are like driving a tank by comparison.

Yes, superb... the way it was!

I actually know most of the riders in that clip, having got to know them over the years. Unfortunately, Gottfried Engstler from Austria seen riding a Bultaco 325 is no longer alive, having been killed in a car accidnet many years ago. He was a real nice guy.

Great video isn't it? What a great sport we have!

Big John

So then, has technology changed Trials for the better or worse? World Round sections from 1975 are on the easy route at Club trials today.

Tha does talk some shi7e at times fat lad, look at some of the video of recent SSDT sections they too look level, and we both know that isn't the case, I don't know the first year they used witches or trotters burn's, but I do know many have cleaned them moons ago on twin shock iron, and a lot better than itermediate riders on the latest trick bikes are sliding down them on their ass to this day.

Anybody have a video of the Bainbridge world round early eighties, I think Johnboy was riding his first world round, I can remember those sections were bloody tough.