best trials world champ ever

quert

As the snow has stoped most of us me and me mate got talking (over a few beers :guinness: ) who was the best ever ?? me it has to be mr tarres a propper pro . And changed trials forever!! how ever much people want to go backwards!! (to the good old days ) so what do you think ???

Would have to agree with you, Mr Jordi Tarres & Dougie Lampkin were far both the best back in there day, & also I liked Takumi Narita, even though he wasn't a world champ, & also the first ever world champion Martin Lampkin, Can't forget him! & in this day though it has to be Toni Bou, The guy just takes trials to such a different level.

Edited by BenBeta23

Tarres was dominant in his day, as was Doug. I dont know of another rider who won a WC event with a cast on his wrist!

But i think Toni Bou has evolved the sport an incredible amount in his time at the top. His incredible style of riding has deffinatley rubbed off on many of his competitors, and more importantly, the youngsters, the future world champs. I think hes brought something to the table that no other rider has. So with that in mind, he gets my vote !

Tarres was dominant in his day, as was Doug. I dont know of another rider who won a WC event with a cast on his wrist!

But i think Toni Bou has evolved the sport an incredible amount in his time at the top. His incredible style of riding has deffinatley rubbed off on many of his competitors, and more importantly, the youngsters, the future world champs. I think hes brought something to the table that no other rider has. So with that in mind, he gets my vote !

But without tarres would be hopping about like we are?? <_<

for me it has to be jordi tarres he changed the sport completely

he was the first to use bicycle trickstuff on a motorbike

lampkin and bou just perfected the techniks (2 great riders great respect for them to)

best regards bob

some of it is probably image and maybe not true but how about the first World Champ ?

Martin Lampkin, drank beer, rode a bulto, won everything in his day.

No Bull !

Too right, I still have a photo of him on my wall.

However I did name my grandson Jordi.

325 Taco, loved the bike and Mart.

some of it is probably image and maybe not true but how about the first World Champ ?

Martin Lampkin, drank beer, rode a bulto, won everything in his day.

No Bull !

Great minds think alike mate .... I used to have a Martin Lampkin scrapbook!!!!

Anyway, the GOAT (greatest of all time) to date is Doug, no question. He took the sport by the scruff and moved what Jordi did to a new level. 5 consecutive Circus titles, 7 consecutive proper WTC crowns, 99 GP wins.

Will he stay in that position?? remains to be seen. Bou is a genius and has changed the sport again HOWEVER what if he has a major injury? What if he stops? The what ifs are important because until he beats Dougs palmares and comes to blighty and wins the Scottish and the Scott, he won't be the GOAT!

Can't be done. Different eras, different machines,different rules etc. However to me there is no doubt that Doug is the greatest ever. Nothing to do with stats,results or whatever, where Doug was the greatest ever was that he messed with the minds of his oposition and they just knew they couldnt beat him before they even started

Doug for me, he absolutely dominated, both in the No Stop and current rules. I remember watching him and Graham at the WTC in Spain, I think it was in 2001, there had been snow over night (didn't think I'd fly to Spain, my first time and see snow) and both the Brits showed their skill at true no stop riding. Bou is amazing, but in outdoor riding, id love wtc to go back to no stop, i know it will never happen.

On another note, I would loved to have seen Graham win a WTC, he had some good wins, but never got the No1. Does anyone remember Graham snapping his cruciate ligament at Hawstone Park and continuing to ride, respect.

Doug was the greatest ever was that he messed with the minds of his oposition and they just knew they couldnt beat him before they even started

So did Eddy. I remember reading an interview with Bernie where he said that it didn't matter how hard he tried Eddy would always outdo him. He said it was demoralising.